Which IOS is best base for cIOS installation?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Qetzlcoatl, Jul 6, 2012.

Jul 6, 2012
  1. Qetzlcoatl
    OP

Newcomer Qetzlcoatl Member

Russia
    Once had IOS58 as base but USBLoader GX 3.0 does not see my USB drives with it.
    As I use IOS56 as base it fixed USBLoader GX but does it best choise? I read somewhere that IOS57 contains many USB fixes over IOS56...

2. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I use 250[57] d2x beta 9 works fast and flawlessly.

3. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    IOS58 is a poor base IOS to use as it doesn't have very good compatibility. It's only worth using IOS58 with games that require it.

IOS56 is the best base IOS to use. It has near 100% compatibility and allows for USB 2.0 speeds. I use 249d2x56 for pretty much all of my backups.

IOS57 has USB 2.0 speeds, but although it works with a lot of games, its compatibility with games isn't as good as with IOS56. You won't get any benefits from using IOS57 over IOS56, so I would only use IOS57 for games that require IOS57.

I recommend you use ModMii to install the latest recommended cIOS files.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Base 56 is recommended. I will allows usage of the wiispeak peripheral, 99 % off all games will load with this.

BuT a handfull of game require a cios based on ios 57.
    Call of duty series are notorius for only working properly with a cios with base 57.

Consequently you can easily install a cios with base 56 in your 249 slot and a cios with base 57 in your 250 slot.
    Your loader will allow you to set it up, so only the game that need slot 250 will load with them.
    some loaders are able to choose the installed slot automaticly when a game needs is.

just install both to have near 100% compatibilty.

edit: :ninja:

5. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Uhm, base 56 pretty much for everything, and base 57 for some "custom" networking games like COD,etc. Base 58 gives weirdly, neat USB HDD compatibility to me, for some reason (ie, initializing USB devices) .