Hacking Which internal HDD do you recommend for PS4?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello!

As some of you might know, my (Seagate FireCuda 2.5" SSHD (2 TB) ST2000LX001) got corrupted the other day and I received the infamous error code CE-34335-8.
I have had this HDD for about only 3 months or so.. :sad::cry:

Even though people wrote that it's "dead", I tried to find a solution to at least get my saved data in there, buuut with no success. So I removed it and put the stock HDD again, and it worked like a charm...

Noow! According to the website I bought it from I have 5 years warranty. But let say that I won't get a refund or I want a new HDD etc. Which HDD would you recommend?

I would like to have an internal HDD, not external. I have read that only 2TB is the max size I can use for it to fit in the console.
I was thinking to get the same HDD, but apparently, after some research, I'm not the only one who ended up with a corrupted HDD after a few months of using (same model).

I have seen that some HDD has 64MB, 128 MB cache etc, does is it matter if it's bigger?
Should I choose the Seagate Barricuda instead of Seagate Firecuda? Or another brand?

I do know that the hard drive dies eventually, but not after 3 months!!!
I just want a stable and reliable HDD.
Even my PS3 HDD works and it's over 7 years old (jailbroken and everything)!:rofl2:

Thank you!! :)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
that's weird
I'm using the exact same one (Seagate FireCuda 2.5" SSHD (2 TB) ST2000LX001) on both of my PS4s and still working well. only had them for less than a year though

Reactions: Mo Poge

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My SSHD died also in my PS4 Pro, now i use a 2tb Seagate.

It's not so fast, but it work and it is cheap.

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the combo : internal SSD (250 GB or more) + external HDD (2TB or more): The best performance per price ratio.

I've wondered about how that combo works as it's a combo I use in my PC. Does having an SSD internally (to store the OS) in a PS4 boost access times or performance for games stored on a standard external HDD or are the differences negligible?

I've got a Toshiba X300 5TB drive as external (standard) HDD and while it's a little pricier than a Seagate or WD drive, it feels faster than those drives.

Reactions: depaul

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
-On the one hand, with internal SSD the PS4 boots and saves data quicker than traditional HDD.
-On the other hand, using an external USB3 HDD is faster than internal HDD (see here : )
-So this option of (internal SSD + external HDD) is better than internal HDD. Only the ultimate option of big internal SSD will be better, but then it would be much more costly.

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just chiming in to say I also had a seagate firecuda sshd die within 2 weeks of usage, after a kernel panic trying to run hen. it completely died, i tried to remove it and could not get seatools or diskmgnmt to recognize it. it wouldn't even spin. i even tried throwing it on the ground a couple times to unstick it. no dice. ended up pulling a barracuda 2tb from a portable STDR2000100 enclosure i found on sale for $50. been working fine for months now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol