Hardware Which External Hard Drive Problem?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I need an external hard drive for my Wii to play backups and a some Homebrew (mostly backups though). I will also occasionally use it to play music and 1 or 2 movies (just for the novelty of it) but only very rarely.
I have done a search on 7dayshop.com for hard drives and now have a problem.

So, I found this Seagate Expansion 250GB Mobile Portable Hard Disk Drive for £36.99 which I worked out should probably be enough. (see spoiler) On The USB Devices Compatibility List it is not tested with homebrew (although not many are) - will it still work?
If average size of game = 3GB:

250GB/3GB=83 games - this is more than enough and i will still have room for homebrew.

After that I then saw this Intenso Memory Station - 2.5" 500GB External Hard Disk Drive for £44.99 . This is twice the size of the original for £8 more! (I feel I am walking into some marketing trap.) Although, this one is not listed on the compatibility list, anyone have any reports about it?

So i guess my questions are:

Which one should i get?
Do i need the extra 250GB?
Will the 500GB one work?
Does the 320GB work with homebrew?
Does anyone know of any better deals than these on another website? (Preferably UK site).

Thanks,
Wizzerzak

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
On The USB Devices Compatibility List it is not tested with homebrew (although not many are) - will it still work?Although I cannot say with 100% certainty, the Intenso 2,5" Memory House USB 2.0 Plug & Play (320GB) appears to work perfectly. Odds are that the 500GB one will work just as well.

Wizzerzak said:
Which one should i get?If I were you, I would get the 500GB one, especially if you plan on using it for games, movies, and music. It is likely that it will work (but I cannot guarantee it).

Wizzerzak said:
Do i need the extra 250GB?If you were only using it for games, no. I doubt you could fill up the 250GB will just Wii games. However, I use my USB drive for games, movies, and TV shows (lots), and my 2TB drive is almost full. It all depends on what you will be using it for.

QUOTE(Wizzerzak @ Mar 3 2011, 10:34 AM) Will the 500GB one work?
Probably.

QUOTE(Wizzerzak @ Mar 3 2011, 10:34 AM)
Does the 320GB 250GB work with homebrew?
It almost certainly will.

snap_0714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be advisable to get the bigger drive. it should work. if not just replace the enclosure. but it should work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp