Which do I get?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Haloman800, Dec 18, 2009.

Dec 18, 2009

Which do I get? by Haloman800 at 2:33 AM (1,131 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    I have a DSi, and I wanted to get a "Flashcard" if that's what it's called. I'm new to this kind of thing so I don't really know anything about it, everywhere else I've asked, they never responded.

I have 1.4 firmware, I don't even know how to update or how it was done, but I read that most of the cards don't work on 1.4.

If it is okay to post, I'd like to ask a few questions about the cards:

Will it allow me to play games such as Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks, after downloading it from a rom site?

All I have to do is buy the card, download the game I want, and play it? (No installing anything, this is what others told me)

It won't damage my DSi?

Thank you for your help. I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I'm new here.

2. zerolinks

Member zerolinks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wrong section, bud.
    You wanna head over to the NDS Section

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    To start with you posted this in the wrong section...

I'd personally recommend the acekard 2i + AKAIO. The acekard 2i will work on 1.4 provided it has been updated. Some cards ship with the update, the older ones you have to update yourself, meaning you'll need a loan of a DS phat or lite.

You'll have to download the firmware for whatever cart you buy and stick it on the micro sd card. With AKAIO you'll be able to play Spirit tracks without cracking it. I can't speak for the others you have named, as I only have an acekard. [​IMG]

4. Skv0ra

Newcomer Skv0ra Member

United States
    Isn't M3i Zero the only one that allows FW + kernel updates? Thus as DSi will get new flashcart blocks in FW, you could just wait for and update the kernel of M3 unlike other carts on the market.

5. xDarkAngelx

Newcomer xDarkAngelx Advanced Member

United States
    M3i Zero is by far the best. It can do all the Acekard 2i can do and more. AK 2i is more commonly preferred due to it's low price (which is only about $8 less than an M3i Zero's) but M3i is honestly better.

6. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    this

7. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    actually most flashcard for dsi need to copy the software on microsd
    so is not only buy it, downlod it, play it...
    ciao