Hacking Which cIOS do I need?

Hebon

Dabbling in the videogamagical
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know what (if there is any) cIOS do I need for USB Loader GX AND to load Virtual Consoles from Gecko OS. Thanks.
A single cIOS is preferable to multiple, but if necessary, I will do multiple.

Hebon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Installing cIOS's have always given me trouble. Is there an automatic installer I could use? Or a tool?

Hebon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I'd prefer one that doesn't add extra functionality. Just allows me to use USB Loader GX and Gecko OS.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cios249(base 56)
cios 250(base57)

IF you want a simple method use modmii, go to dowload page 4 and set the option to download all recommended cios's.
Install them using a wad manager

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I mainly go with the selection mentioned on this wiiflowiki page. It mentions the version, base IOS and slot. The download link has a package to d2x version 8 final, which is most likely better than the mentioned beta r41 package.

As mentioned, the IOS'es with bases 56 and 57 will be enough for roughly 99,9% of the games (I remember one that only worked on 58, but that was an unique one...and some d2x versions ago). Note that the "added functionality" doesn't hinder anything if it's installed in other slots. So even though I probably never use those in slots 245 to 248, it doesn't hurt to have them.

@[member='kirbymaster101']: you have no idea what you're talking about, right? "249" is just the name of the slot. I can install my mother to slot 249 and call her cIOS249...it doesn't make her a recommended cIOS to load anything. Even if she was based on IOS56.

Hebon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading all this makes me realize that I really don't understand cIOS's. What do you mean by slots? And are there multiple IOS's on a Wii at once?

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I mainly go with the selection mentioned on this wiiflowiki page. It mentions the version, base IOS and slot. The download link has a package to d2x version 8 final, which is most likely better than the mentioned beta r41 package.

As mentioned, the IOS'es with bases 56 and 57 will be enough for roughly 99,9% of the games (I remember one that only worked on 58, but that was an unique one...and some d2x versions ago). Note that the "added functionality" doesn't hinder anything if it's installed in other slots. So even though I probably never use those in slots 245 to 248, it doesn't hurt to have them.

@[member='kirbymaster101']: you have no idea what you're talking about, right? "249" is just the name of the slot. I can install my mother to slot 249 and call her cIOS249...it doesn't make her a recommended cIOS to load anything. Even if she was based on IOS56.
srry buit I do know what I am talking about. Sorry if I should have made it clear. ios with base 56 installed into 249 and base 57 installed in ios slot 250.

x4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You reinforced his point. That only tells which slots were used to build the cios in, and which official IOS was used as a base to build the cios. In no way does it tell which cios to use.

Reactions: 1 person

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading all this makes me realize that I really don't understand cIOS's. What do you mean by slots? And are there multiple IOS's on a Wii at once?
Slots are numbers where cIOS's and IOS's take shape in. For example, I could install IOS60 into slot 59, and then IOS60 would take the form of IOS59.

To answer your other question, yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs