Question Which backup method do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by 3dsHelp, May 19, 2018.

?
  1. Buy SX Pro

2. Buy SX Lite

3. Wait for SX Lite to be hacked/pirated

4. Wait for someone to develop the code for atmosphere

5. Backups are wrong! I will not use them at all!

6. Wait for the dust to settle and chose the most effective option.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 3dsHelp
    OP

3dsHelp Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    United States
    Which do you prefer, boys?

2. chronoss

chronoss GBAtemp Addict

May 26, 2015
    Central African Republic
    :hrth::hrth::hrth::hrth:Wait for someone to develop the code for atmosphere :hrth::hrth::hrth::hrth:

3. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    More polls
    Polls
    Polls
    Useless polls

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I'm going to wait a bit and see what happens. The SX is priced right for what it is, and the dongle is a good idea, but if I can only use it to launch their CFW, it's going to become obsolete quickly. On the other hand, if it could be used to launch any payload in the future, people are going to buy it just for the untethered aspect, even if the "SX OS" itself is obsolete and homebrew options are way better (which is likely to happen the same way it did to Gateway 3DS)

Still, for the price I don't mind if it becomes obsolete, as long as it takes a few months before that happens. That's still a few months of not having to buy Switch games (and we all know they're overpriced), it would pay for itself very quickly.
    There aren't really any big releases coming up soon except Octopath Traveler that I want though, and I was planning on buying that anyway, so I don't mind waiting a bit. By november/december when Yoshi and Smash is most likely to come out, I'll have some sort of CFW solution on my Switch. Smash I might still buy, it's Smash after all. Yoshi I'm less enthusiastic about, they are rarely "must play" games so I have no qualms about pirating it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, May 19, 2018
  5. Filo97

Filo97 Pink = Best colour

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Most likely gonna wait for SX Lite to be pirated since it wont take long, and if it works eventually gonna buy it sooner or later. Unless atmosphere comes first.

6. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I want it all.. EVERYTHING.

Edit: Well, everything except LumaNX if that ever happens. I'll stick with ReinandNX (or Atmosphere, CakesNX or even rxtoolsNX)

Edit: I also would happily use MochaNX @dimok

Last edited by subcon959, May 20, 2018
    peteruk and chronoss like this.
  7. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    What is SX Lite? Is that the "SX OS" on their website and is just software no dongle? I am thinking about pre-ordering just so I can try and run backups until the homebrew scene progresses, 30-40 bucks isn't that bad. Does anyone know if this method will resolve/bypass the sleep issue and allow us to put our consoles to sleep while in homebrew mode? If I could do that it's worth it alone, especially if it supports backups until other homebrews makes some progress. I am just afraid of preordering, waiting a month for it, and the scene progresses before then.

8. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    If money is an issue then there's not much point in buying it when there will be a free solution (assuming someone releases a similar backup loader after Atmosphere)

9. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    Money is not an issue, I just don't want to buy something and have it become obsolete before it is even actually delivered to me. The scene seems to be moving fairly quickly now and if this is still a month away from being delivered, things can change.

10. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    There's no crystal ball to see what's going to happen though. So you can either risk buying something and wasting money, or risk waiting for something free and wasting time if it doesn't happen first.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted