Gaming Where to start in Phoenix Wright series?

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really want to play Apollo Justice, but I can't remember where I left off in the Phoenix Wright series. I remember playing the first game all the way through, and I think I played the second one all the way through, and I think I made it most of the way through the third one, but ended up losing my save and not bothering to play again. Here are some cases I remember

some magician, and some girl at the circus, and I had to investigate in a clown's trailer

the Maggey case

Edgeworth killing himself? Or killing someone else? On a boat?

some cowboy cop that would constantly shave with a knife

a little girl who looked like Maya

I think thats all I can remember from games which I'm not sure they came from. What am I missing? Can I just go and play Apollo Justice? Is there any info I need?

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
You can play any game without trouble without previous experience (and that includes Apollo Justice) but it would be recommendable if you brushed up on your PW by replaying the first three games.

I guess you could skip the second game, it doesn't have many developments in the story nor is the gameplay very interesting.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the cases you described are from the first and second game. It sounds like you quit the second game before the final case (at least, you mentioned its third case and not its final one.) So you could try and pick that back up, or you could jump to the third game... or you could jump to the fourth. It's up to you.

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anoyone wanna tell me the 4th case from the second game? I think I might have done it. Also, first case from the third game?

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D

Deleted User

Third and fourth games, T&T and AJ are the best IMO
smile.gif

So just play through T&T!
And the last case of JFA was the one with Adrian Andrews, Matt Engarde, and Shelly DeKiller
tongue.gif

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I don't see why Case 4 in JFA was so epic to many people, it was a good case but its quality was greatly amplified by the mediocre quality of the rest of the game.

I didn't think it was particularly amazing, just a good case with a nice twist.

The only interesting twist was having to defend someone you knew was guilty by finding phony contradictions and raising misleading objections (which made the gameplay kind of stupid), I'm not bashing on the case, I thought it was pretty good but I would hardly call it "epic" or "worth playing JFA for"

Also I don't understand what's this thing about "filler" cases... not every case has to be related to Phoenix's personal life, he is after all, just a lawyer, the cases are good because they are intriguing and fun to play, not because they necessarily have to develop the main storyline.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8