Where To Start In A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skyshadow101, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Skyshadow101
    OP

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    I'm setting up A9LH today, and I don't know where to start. Should I delete my menuhax and boot manager and replace it with the homebrew .3dsx? Should I start from part 4 since I already have an emunand? Should I format my emunand and replace it with rednand?

Thank you!

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Please post questions related to a9lh setup in NOOB PARADISE Forum :mellow:

proflayton123 likes this.
  3. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Not very helpfull i think :( (anyway you are right!)

Read this turorial until you understand EVERY step: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
    After that you can start your journey to A9LH (it worth it IMHO) ;)

Last edited by a9lh-1user, Jul 20, 2016
    GilgameshArcher likes this.
  4. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I'm not sure why members say got to "noob paradise forum, start your a9lh journey etc.." cause hes asking a simple question that is hard to follow so unless he does not start this thread he will just get lost asking continues questions over at "noob paradise"! Just tell the guy straight up and help! instead of being unhelpful.

Go to the guide buddy and start here>https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade) if you already have an emunand latest version, say Gateway already setup then just use your emunand in the place of rednand, just make sure you read thoroughly do every step as you go slowly. I have not done it yet I'm going to so you will have to let me know how you get on. I'm the same already have a GW Emunand setup on 11x.

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 20, 2016
  5. Skyshadow101
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    Awesome! Thank you! All nighter here I come!

6. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    You know it!!! plenty of coffee and what ever takes your fancy ;)

7. Skyshadow101
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    *Raids fridge of diet coke*

8. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Go for it! Remember make sure your emunand is on the latest version, update it also make sure your internet connection on systemnand is not setup with any DNS server, it needs to be set free I would do the same with emunand as well if it is that is.

9. Kibido

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Just a reminder, when you'll download Luma3DS don't download the -dev version. Get the regular one.

10. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Tbh, I'd start a fresh and format the system, yet it's up to you. On all the consoles I have done, I formatted them first to ensure a cleaner install.

11. Amapola62

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    From the get started page of Plailect's Guide: 9.0.0 - 9.2.0 (with an existing CFW): change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that

That's what I did...in addition I changed my theme in Emunand to the default blank white one, to prevent Menuhax from disappearing when the Nands get linked again after the first format with tiny format...^^

Last edited by Amapola62, Jul 20, 2016