Hacking Where to buy GOOD microSD?

iamthemountainki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there people who have 100% perfectly working POR when using japanese kingstons? i have a sandisk microsd and am wondering if it's worth all the effort in trying to obtain a japanese kingston. if enough people say POR works perfectly in these cards, i will get one. only reason i ask is because i've read posts indicating that por will still freeze with japanese kingstons.

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use a PNY 1GB MicroSD which is the same as a Japanese Kingston just with a PNY label on the card. I started out with a Sandisk just like you and although it had a high read speed, the memory latency of the card is what caused the game to crash on me (during portals). The latency of my old card was 1.3m/s my new latency is 0.7m/s. That is a big improvement and now POR works great. I can cycle through portals a million times and no crashes. Check out this newegg link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820178129 its only $9.49

iamthemountainki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a PNY 1GB MicroSD which is the same as a Japanese Kingston just with a PNY label on the card. I started out with a Sandisk just like you and although it had a high read speed, the memory latency of the card is what caused the game to crash on me (during portals). The latency of my old card was 1.3m/s my new latency is 0.7m/s. That is a big improvement and now POR works great. I can cycle through portals a million times and no crashes. Check out this newegg link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820178129 its only $9.49

this is great info. if i can't get my hands on a japanese kingston, i'll check out the pny. thanks a bunch.

jester55

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a FYI

OfficeMax BM has the Jap 1gb Toshiba MicroSD for $19.99 without a rebate!
yaynds.gif

I just bought one and you can read the package and see the Jap manufacturing number. Not sure how long the sale is, but I do know it is an "In Store Only Sale" so you have to go check for yourself @ the BM store.

Also, Radio Shack has the Sandisk 2gb MicroSD on sale until the 19th for $34.99. Not bad for BM store, and you dont have to eait for shipping.

Hope this helps!

-jester55

(I know all the above can be found cheaper online, however, these are the best prices I have seen at local BM stores without rebates!!)

iamthemountainki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jester55, this deal is live in MA. just picked one up for 20 bucks. imho this is worth it picking it up at B&M as you can check for yourself that it is made in japan before purchasing. thanks a heap.

jester55

Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear it help someone!

Received my order from RHS for my R4 and M3 Lite before my 2gb microsd came in from Buy.com. So, I was hoping to not get screws too bad at a BM store when I checked OfficeMax. I guess it was fate!

Still haven't received my 2gb form buy.com - I wonder what the deal is? I ordered on the 1st!

R4seller

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

It is us dollars or GBP???

O.G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It is us dollars or GBP???
It is in U.S dollars. This place only ships to the USA though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass