Where is your Console Set-Up and How?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by ponygals, Sep 24, 2016.

1. ponygals
    OP

ponygals GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    California
    Since I will be joining the console family this hoilday, now I am asking to see about where everyone keeps their gaming consoles, I know some have it set up next to a TV set and uses their TV's but heard others use their desks and computer screens instead. Which way is the best way, and do you need to hook up the wires to the TV and or computer screen to get it to work, or can that be done wireless?

2. Shubshub

Shubshub The Shubinator

Oct 16, 2009
    New Zealand
    The dark part of your house
    I have my PS4 and PS2 hooked up to my HDTV both lying horizontally

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  3. ponygals
    OP

ponygals GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    California
    oh cool.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    My Ps3 stands tall with my WII U... But i also have my nvidia shield tv set up... which is complicated since my tv has not enough hdmi inputs. So my PSvita tv, WII U PS3, and Sheild tv ALL use hdmi which i needed a spliter cable hub for to get them all set up. (Always get the one with the remote to switch inputs, or you may regret it later.) :(

I have a original xbox, PS2, and Gamecube that i havent touched in some years, cause no controllers.

Now my mom in the living room, she has a wii that she has with hdmi converstion and the ouya, and chromecast, i set up myself, I needed the WII HDMI cause the tv only has one Componet cable for The cable box, so that kinda sucks, Least it has 3 HDMI but i may need more. I don't even wanna go into details for my father's set up, is awful, Infact they are all awful, but i never did his, he did himself, i only did my room and the living room.

I never used a PC monitor, only TV monitor, My brother in his house had used a PC monitor for playing games on, but i mean is not really important. Get a good monitor, LIke A smart tv or anything with a game mode, and you are set, i still use a over 10 year outdated vizio monitor and i never had problems with it. :P

If you wanna play games on pc, just buy a pc computer.

5. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    I keep my vidya connected to a 20" screen I have in my room, but I have a ps2 that my father plays sometimes in a separate room :P

6. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I have my Wii U hooked to the tv in the living room. When i rearrange my bedroom I might bring it in and hook it to the tv I'm using as a monitor

7. ponygals
    OP

ponygals GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    California
    Haha.

8. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I got me PS3 on top of a cabinet near me telly, me 2 360's to the right of me telly, me Wii laying half under me telly, me old Xbox laying in a shelf under me telly n me PS2 laying in a shelf under that.

9. ponygals
    OP

ponygals GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    California
    Oh cool. I will figure out some kind of set up for it.