Where do I put exefs mods?

KittyLee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to mod Tears of the Kingdom with an exefs mod, but I don't know where to put it. I thought it needed to be in atmosphere/contents/[title_id]/exefs, but its not working! Am I putting it in the wrong place? Do I need something else to use exefs mods?
Edit: because the exefs mods were pchtxt files, i needed IPSwitch to use them.

Last edited by KittyLee,

aerifal

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do you managed to make it work? I have convert them to IPS file and place them to exefs_patches folder but the mod still not working.

KittyLee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you managed to make it work? I have convert them to IPS file and place them to exefs_patches folder but the mod still not working.
You don't put them in exefs_patches! You put them in atmosphere/contents/[title_id]/exefs. If there is no exefs folder, make one.

Last edited by KittyLee,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You don't put them in exefs_patches! You put them in atmosphere/contents/[title_id]/exefs. If there is no exefs folder, make one. :)
IPS patches are going to exefs_patches as @aerifal said, but they must be inside some other folder inside exefs_patches, folder name inside exefs_patches doesn't matter.

So IPS patch goes to atmosphere/exefs_patches/*any name you want*/xxx.ips

atmosphere/exefs_patches/xxx.ips won't work

KittyLee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IPS patches are going to exefs_patches as @aerifal said, but they must be inside some other folder inside exefs_patches, folder name inside exefs_patches doesn't matter.

So IPS patch goes to atmosphere/exefs_patches/*any name you want*/xxx.ips

atmosphere/exefs_patches/xxx.ips won't work
Oh whoops! It's been a while since I did it myself, so I should have made sure what I was saying was correct before saying it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol