Hacking where can i get software for the nds?

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
got my m3 real a few days ago. haven't put down the ds since
smile.gif

anyone know and sites where i can download software for the ds (specific to the m3 real) ?

a london A to Z in the ds is the kind of thing i'm really looking for. (alternately i could just put in a high resolution bmp of the city and zoom around but haven't been able to find one yet).

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got my m3 real a few days ago. haven't put down the ds since
smile.gif

anyone know and sites where i can download software for the ds (specific to the m3 real) ?

a london A to Z in the ds is the kind of thing i'm really looking for. (alternately i could just put in a high resolution bmp of the city and zoom around but haven't been able to find one yet).

Well, I think I know of the perfect thing for you
http://www.andreani.net/ds/amap4ds.htm

J

Jackreyes

Wow thats a cool bit of homebrew...
but the thing is, no London map, you'd have to make your own.
Unless you only wanted underground...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maps, assuming a basic image viewer is not what you want

Treasures of Gaia: Streetmap and satellite view via google earth (requiring a wifi connection naturally) and so has pretty much what you want (no street index however which in my opinion is a must for London really). I made a thread about it under the news section way back and it should be in the downloads section.

ConstellationsDS: maps the sky. Not what you wanted but it is nice.

And the areforementioned amap4ds. Custom maps are possible and most of the big sections of london (city of london, waterloo/southbank, hammersmith.......) all have fairly detailed maps available if you were wishing to make a compilation.

Personally though I assume you want this for in car/on foot for which a normal streetmap would probably be better (and make you less of a mugging target).

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
those "custom maps" of london city etc... any idea what site i can get those off?

and yeah i want em for when i'm in the car and stuff.

not too worried about muggings.... i always wear a wrist strap...not exactly pure safety but at least no one can grab it and run off.

joebloe738

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i plan to do with San Francisco but i have not done yet (procrastinating) is make my own. I am planning to use yahoo maps.com. Just get each section and put it in print view (then you will be able to save the image). You will have to do this a few times since each image will only be a section. Then paste all the sections together in photoshop. And then use an image resizer program so the file is not huge. and then just view it on my ds with the best picture homebrew out there. Which I think will be image viewer, but I will try others like map4DS.

cray-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I found this idea on a forum for the Meizu MP3/Video player. It has an inbuilt picture viewer that has a thumbnail mode which splits the screen into 9 thumbnails. People chopped up maps and put them in a folder in 9 sequential sections so that it looked like the entire map when it was in thumbs. And then u clicked on the section u wanted and it jumped to full screen zoomed mode where u could scroll around.

This overcame a problem with one single map file being too large. I'm sure the same thing could work on the DS, though I haven't even tried out any kind of image viewer yet as I only got mine. Good luck.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the viewing modes of comic book DS would be perfect for that cray-.

As for the maps a combination of the major sites (yahoo, google etc) and tourist stuff should dig what you need up.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
theres also mapviewer DS. basically a large GIF viewer. its a little buggy though, and you gotta keep the map names under 8 characters.

also i'm sure i remember a chinese map viewer.... but i doubt it'd be useful to you, i don't remember getting it to work myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I can prove what I am saying
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    If you want me to scan that paper I will give it to you but I can't waste my precious time on arguing with a moron like this
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    haven't seen both
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: haven't seen both