Hacking Where be BootMii?

teh_noobzorz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Excuse poor English, myself is not very English literate. I have been looking forward to this bootmii by hackmii. Just wondering if it will be comming out recently?

I've not noob, have modded numerous wii's with modchip or softmii. Just wondering if possible able to downgrade soon from virgin 4.0. I see banner bomb work, but await from bootmii.

Bootmii been in works for 8months? no updates? is it real? why not they release beta test versions to public?

please no flame, i know my english bad (thank you google translate). not everyone on the internet is from USA.

Ltsykes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude, there is no release date for bootmii, so do as I did. Forget it intil it get released.

For now, be happy with preloader.

PS: my english sucks too, fuck yeah

teh_noobzorz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes i know of preloader, and be using it . just see this bootmii and wondering if it so real?

ah well... perhaps team twiizers gone now since marcan is no more..

one can dream yes..

and i see updates wiithoko, been to hackmii every day to see update if there...

anyone on testing of this? or is just screen shot all we get

edit...

myself is sick of hearing "it will be done when it's done" ... preloader is out and does same thing, how longer much we wait?? another 8 months?

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I can't wait for bootmii, I have very high hopes for it, in fact I think I kind of expect a tad too much from it but I know it's going to be one hell of breakthrough in the Wii homebrew and hacking community once it's out.

One of the things I hope talented coders and programmers manage to do in the bootmii environment is replace the Wii's NAND with an external flash drive or hard drive, basically have the system run off of an external device, have us install WADs and everything to that external device which would function as the NAND while the actual Wii NAND remains untouched and is only used for save games if that.

I doubt that would be possible, but if done it could pretty much get the Wii to a point where it would be downright impossible to brick unless a malicious WAD or something is started on purpose since all the current functions of the NAND would be redirected to that external device.
The entire external device or SD card doesn't have to be used, a partition the same as the Wii's NAND in size and everything could be made which would function as the NAND/internal memory.

I'm probably getting way ahead of myself here and getting my hopes up too high, but here's hoping that happens.

edit: btw, I'm willing to wait for it for as long as it takes, I don't like rushing things at all, I can wait for it another year as long as we get a clean, safe end product and judging by how serious the team is I think they're really doing us all a HUGE favor for not setting a release date or rushing development, people should learn to respect that.

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nevermind...

MINI (aka MINI Is Not IOS) runs on the arm processor of the Wii and allows homebrew development without the use of ANY Nintendo software.

AWESOMEEEE!!!

Seems like we want MINI not just BootMii...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
where me mini?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and idk if something will happen to my ps3 if i connect it to wifi with hen activated
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient