When to buy the switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Matchitza, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Matchitza
    OP

Matchitza Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    Indonesia
    I checked Nintendo's website and it said that the MSRP is $300.

Then retailers decided to break my dream.

I checked Amazon and it's EDIT: $422. $122 MORE than IN NINTENDO'S WEBSITE. A bit overpriced :/
    (Alright fine i admit im broke)

Should i wait till the price is decreased until it reaches near the MSRP OR should i wait until at least a Homebrew entrypoint is found?

Or maybe.. should i sell my soul to the Nintendo gods?

Last edited by Matchitza, Jul 2, 2017
  2. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Strictly speaking, it's out of stock at Amazon. The overpriced options are 3rd party sellers, at least some of which are scalpers. I recommend checking local stores periodically, because they don't always announce when they get stock.

3. Matchitza
    OP

Matchitza Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    Indonesia
    I feel even sadder now.. My local stores suck, my town is THAT underdeveloped to not have official stores that sell the switch, we have third party stores yet all they sell is the PS4.

I live in Indonesia and the only thing i get in our online store apps are scalper prices. (Yes the $500 one)

Thats why i check Amazon.

Last edited by Matchitza, Jul 2, 2017
  4. Latyana

Latyana GBAtemp Fan

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    i always wait a year after the initial release of any console. considering it still usually has bugs needing to work out.

5. Matchitza
    OP

Matchitza Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    Indonesia
    I guess you're right. I'll wait till next year.

Latyana likes this.
  6. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    My rule of thumb is to wait a year or when the Slim models come out for Sony consoles and for Nintendo console I'm unsure of but in the case of the Wii and the Switch those were launch buys for me.

Microsoft consoles can be bought at anytime a year after launch or never since most of it's games are also on PC, Microsoft's exclusives are not worth the hassle for early adoption IMHO.

Latyana likes this.