Hacking When the 3DS gets hacked...

theangelicdaemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, and feel free to mock me if it is as I bought the DSTwo card without doing my full reasearch and was totally expecting to get to play 3DS roms right way, but yeah...

When/if there is eventually a way to play 3DS games through a flashcart, is it going to be possible for the DSTwo to do it with a software update or will I need to get an all new flashcart? Or is that even something that can be predicted? And (though it doesn't seem like it) does anyone have even a tiny clue as to when that might be possible? Weeks, months, years?

Thanks much, and sorry again for my ignorance :/

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Read the sitckies....NOTHING PLAYS 3DS ROMS...in case you missed it...NOTHING.....There is currently a team working on a flashcart (Crown 3DS), don't think they are ever going to releaseanything though. And yes, I think you will most likely need to buy a new one

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
DSTwo has updatable header same as other carts
its all dependant on the exploit found

could be loaded of SD

could be hardmod

could be flashcard

could be custom firmware

nothing will be known till an exploit is found

theangelicdaemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I figured out that I was mistaken about playing 3DS games pretty quick, was just inquiring about the future.

Thanks for the responses, it's what I figured... rats xD

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If you (think like a corporation here) found out a way to make your existing product compatible with a new system, would you:

a) do that; or
b) release it as a new product anyway and roll in the £$£$£$£$?

bluerotkev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As a company I would be inclined to update existing products, reason being is existing customers will be liable to stay. But as its been many times repeated, it could be any time.

If you (think like a corporation here) found out a way to make your existing product compatible with a new system, would you:

a) do that; or
b) release it as a new product anyway and roll in the £$£$£$£$?

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There will be New Cards, because Nintendo DS Games/Hombrew run with 8Byte , and 3DS Roms/etc. run with 16Byte orders...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's been proven with demos and NSMB2 that the SD card is capable of running 3DS games (who knows if it will work for all of them though).
With any luck, we will see a softmod, but I'm fine with having to buy a flash card too. So many games out that I haven't played...

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You never know? The eventual hack for the 3ds might be a softmod, after all we do actually have an sd card slot now.

But like everyone else said we have no idea, nobody does at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.