Hacking When does Nintendo Ban a console with CFW?

Veridis7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a Switch with compatible serial and I have already installed the CFW and I would like to know when Nintendo bans the console if it is when you enter the e-shop or another online service or just when connecting the console to the internet.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because for using the online services you need to accept the tos, hacking your switch is against the tos.

But hey you can still hack your switch and manage to not get banned if you set up an emunand and doing all the dirty on it with the internet deleted + incognito. It's what I and a lot of people did and we are for the most of us not banned yet.

edit : if you put your cfw on the sysnand and downloaded/used non legit app you will probably get banned tho since it's logged and sent to the nintendo servers

Last edited by Kanakops,

Veridis7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Because for using the online services you need to accept the tos, hacking your switch is against the tos.

But hey you can still hack your switch and manage to not get banned if you set up an emunand and doing all the dirty on it with the internet deleted + incognito. It's what I and a lot of people did and we are for the most of us not banned yet.

edit : if you put your cfw on the sysnand and downloaded/used non legit app you will probably get banned tho since it's logged and sent to the nintendo servers

The Emummc thing I am not going to do yet since my sd is 32gb. The thing is, I'm not interested in connecting to the internet, I just want to connect the console to the pc by FTP. Is there a way to get it without connecting it to the internet?

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
I just got a Switch with compatible serial and I have already installed the CFW and I would like to know when Nintendo bans the console if it is when you enter the e-shop or another online service or just when connecting the console to the internet.
Totally depends. Here's a list of usual bans
https://switch.homebrew.guide/faq.html

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Emummc thing I am not going to do yet since my sd is 32gb. The thing is, I'm not interested in connecting to the internet, I just want to connect the console to the pc by FTP. Is there a way to get it without connecting it to the internet?
If you haven't installed a Emummc already and have been using CFW, homebrew, etc then it's probably too late and your Sysnand would be considered 'dirty'. Bans happen fairly randomly and some people who take no precautions last for a long time without bans. Others who take all the precautions can still get banned. My friend who hasn't taken any precautions has been running CFW and 'backups' for a few months now without a ban. Honestly, most if not all modded Switches getting banned is just a matter of time. Only way to be 100% safe is to have two seperate consoles, one for modding and one for stock use.

As for connecting to FTP without connecting to Nintendo servers, I think you can use 90DNS and still have access to FTP.

Reactions: godreborn

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bans occur randomly and while Nintendo traditionally bans in waves, its possible to simply get banned one day without any warning. If you want a metric, there is no such number because some bans can happen in as little as a day or up to a year.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be able to use a sandisk connect with ftp by connecting both the console and the pc to it. don't use your router settings. it's pretty much auto on everything iirc, because it can't have a static ip without a dns. this works for me on the ps4 anyway, and I'm completely offline. it's kinda a pita, but it keeps me perfectly safe.

I got banned on the ps3 myself, and I was taking precautions. sounds like Nintendo has their shit together a lot more than sony does when it comes to online stuff, so I'd be very careful.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm pretty sure you will get banned sooner or later once you install cfw in your switch. You can only do so much as stay incognito and use dns to block nintendo servers. I haven't been banned before for the longest time but I made a mistake once I connected my switch to Nintendo servers. I even have separate sd cards for official nintendo stuff and sysnand for ofw, emunand for cfw, with all the incognito, except I forgot I was using my piracy sd card while connected to nintendo thinking dns is blocking I forgot it wasn't setup since I connected on a new wifi. The risk is always there and you should just safely assume that you will get banned rather than get away with it. Once they see your system has all the jack sparrow related stuff, they will immediately ban your console. The best way is to have two separate consoles, one for cfw and one official.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1