When and where...

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by darkranboria, Mar 27, 2011.

Mar 27, 2011

When and where... by darkranboria at 12:14 AM (1,273 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. darkranboria
    OP

Newcomer darkranboria Advanced Member

United States
    I didn't preorder a 3DS because they only ship it on the day it is released. I was hoping I could pick one up at midnight.
    I'm just wondering where I should buy it from and when I should leave to get it, because I know for the wii, places only had about 20 consoles.

But, in the end, if I don't get one tonight, I will just order it to have it shipped to my house and have it arrive in about 5 days.

2. bigpaws

Member bigpaws Cat with da Big Paws!

United States
    you could have went to some place like gamestop and preordered it
    its a bit late now though.

3. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    If you want, you can try to go down to a midnight party release and see if they have any extra systems.

The majority of people AT these midnight releases have pre-orders, so I would expect at least SOME extras... :/

4. darkranboria
    OP

United States
    I went on websites and there were no options like in-store pick-up. I called up gamestop to ask if I could preorder one and pick it up and the guy told me go on the website and the the instore option and then I said there wasn't one and he said "Well there should be one so I can't help you". If I coulda done that, I would have. I'll just have to test my luck at any walmart or gamestop but I don't know if any other people would be standing in line so I'm a bit worried I might not get one.

5. Slyakin

United States
    Sorry, but I think you're out of luck. The 3DS will sell like hotcakes on steroids.

...Eww.

6. bigpaws

Member bigpaws Cat with da Big Paws!

United States
    you should try to go to some local stores and see if they still have preorders open. if its too late, call local stores and ask if they have and in stock tomorrow

7. darkranboria
    OP

United States
    Stores I have tried:
    -Target: Stopped doing reservations over a month ago, 6 days after I called in
    -Walmart: No Site-to-Store option, called and can't reserve
    -Best Buy: Same as Walmart
    -Gamestop: Guy said I had to do it on the website but there was only a ship to home option

I guess I'm just gonna have to go to the nearest Walmart to pick one up and if they don't have one, there's a gamestop right next to the walmart.
    And crap. That gamestop isn't doing the midnight event so I'll have to go at 9am...

8. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I didn't pre-order, mostly because I didn't want to get stuck with a color I didn't want (Blue). Unfortunately I have to work in the morning when BestBuy opens, so I'll take my chances on my lunch break. When the original PSP first came out, I went to Bestbuy at almost 7:00 that evening, and they still had around 80 units. I'm just curious how many units this chain is getting per store, and if the demand is really that high. I can only gauge the demand by what I read on the forums, but most people I know don't realize it's coming out.

9. Slyakin

United States
    Take a look at this:

Yup.

10. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    how does that work?
    you can choose which color to pre-order... >_>

11. Lakerfanalways

Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok so here is my question..I am going to purchase the 3DS but not sure from where..ebgames has the offer that if you bring in your DS lite you get 50 bucks off a new 3DS..but I dont have the charget for the ds lite, I dont know where the heck it is so now it wont power on, will they still accept it?
    If not, then I will just order it from amazon.com

12. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Without charger? I do not think they will take it. You need a good condition ds with charger and stylus.

13. Lakerfanalways

United States
    yeah i have everything else, except the charger LOL..its in the house somewhere will just have to look for it..the ds lite is in perfect condition as I keep all of my electronics in perfect condition just not sure where the darn adapter is LOL..
    Besides the 3DS, what do you think of Rayman 3ds, it looks like a good game, what do you think? I like adventure games kinda like zelda and sonic the hedgehog where it takes a while to beat

14. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Over here the local gamestop had 6 left at about 3pm saturday.
    I think the ipad2's launch and crysis took some money away from nintendo.

Maybe you'll get lucky too.

15. KingVamp

United States
    idk I keep getting mix reviews, so it hard to say.

16. Lakerfanalways

United States
    Just found the adapter for the DS Lite, now I Can get 50 bucks off a 3ds which is AWESOME..its in great condition, I dont even think it has a mark on it..but I have to go charge it since I havent played it in a very very long time

17. KingVamp

United States
    You do not want to keep the ds as a backup?

Just asking.

18. Lakerfanalways

United States
    oh, I already have the DSi XL so I dont need the DS Lite anymore..just hope that ebgames has the aqua blue in stock when I go there since it comes out tomorrow officially

19. EphenSteve

Newcomer EphenSteve Advanced Member

United States
    I pre-ordered mine at gamestop but i still wanna be the first. the store in my town isn't going to do the midnight launch they are doing the 9AM launch so i have no idea of what other people are thinking usually at a midnight launch people show up hellllllaaa early idk about here because its raining a lot.

20. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Mine [probably] doesn't have a midnight launch because it is in military territory. That said, mine probably won't have as many customers because it is in military territory [​IMG].