Gaming Whats with my Computer?

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, im getting sick and tired of this happening.
My computer goes crazy at random times, it would freeze and lock down. It would be unresponsive, but you can still see the screen and what you were doing. I cannot press caps lock on the keyboard and have the indicator light turn on. Then, after a few minutes, it goes back to normal.
My specs are:
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
2.00 GB RAM
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 dual core processor Phenom II
Hard drive: Forgot the brand but its 500GB
2.40 Ghz
Graphics: nVidia Geforce 6100 NForce 405
Motherboard: NF61S Micro AM2 SE Ver. 6.x Biostar

Thanks for the hep, guys.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing specific triggers it, but on several occasions, unplugging and replugging the keyboard would unfreeze it.
And how do you check your temperature?(nub question, i know)

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a program called CoreTemp its free or you could check the temp via the BIOS, there should be an option for system health of something close to that.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Oh man...ok so the funniest thing happened about...3 or 4 months ago. Me and my uncle were working on a few PC's for another uncle of mine and his PC was having the same problems as yours, and I know this will sound absolutely bonkers but...try a new keyboard if it turns out it's not the RAM. Apparently a bad keyboard was the problem with his, and after we replaced it with a new one it started working fine and he hasn't had any complaints since. So give that a try.

Also, are you sure it's a complete system freeze? For example, if you were watching a video does the video/audio freeze as well? If not, then it could possibly just be funky USB ports. Also, have you installed any new software or hardware since this has been happening? Again, it might be bad RAM sticks as well or it could also possibly be that they are a tiny bit loose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM