What's the status on n64 emulation?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by fwb, Aug 18, 2012.

Aug 18, 2012

What's the status on n64 emulation? by fwb at 7:19 PM (1,568 Views / 1 Likes) 6 replies

1. fwb
    OP

Newcomer fwb Member

United States
    With the advent of dios-mios, I now have a seamless collection of Wii, GC, n64, Sega, SNES, and NES games that can all be played flawlessly and from one location, except for n64! There is a gaping hole here. Only some n64 games are reasonably playable. Seems like the next direction for the community to focus on would be perfecting wii64, and after doing the impossible with DM, there is no doubt in my mind that it can be done. The last wii64 update, "honey", was years ago, did anyone ever pick it up? What's the status on it? Can I get it started? I have a computer engineering background...

1 person likes this.
  2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    no one ever "picked it up", still being worked on the emulate mii team so they say, but they have there projects spread out pretty far with wii64, wiisx an unannouced emulator for the wii and wii643 for the ps3. The next version is meant to be quite a big update compatibiliity and function wise

3. fwb
    OP

Newcomer fwb Member

United States
    Hmm, well I do see their last blog post was exactly 1 year ago...

4. Centrix

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    Well I've seen teams that seemed like they stopped working on the emulators than a year later bam update and there usually major over hauls and updates to the core emulation of the emulators!

5. David80008

Newcomer David80008 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Here's hoping this emulator gets a good update real soon. Or that another superior N64 emulator gets released.

6. fwb
    OP

Newcomer fwb Member

United States
    Well, Wii64 just dropped the ball, with the WiiU annouced to come out next month, it makes far more sense to emulate on the next-gen.

7. littlecubba

Newcomer littlecubba Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i'm still going to hold my breath, i just love the work thats been done by the Wii64 Team...