whats the problem with deleting games from the hard drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Langlest, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Langlest
    OP

Newcomer Langlest Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i remember reading about how deleting a game from the hard drive can cause another one not to work, i just installed the jap version of a game by mistake instead of the pal version so i want to get rid of it without messing up my other installs, whats the best way to do this? is wbfs ok for deleting games?

2. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    the problem was that tools that uses an old version of libwbfs didn't free up space correctly when a game was removed. if a new game was added afterwards it could happen that some data of the game which has been installed right after the one which has been deleted got overwritten and the loader codedumped during load of this game. problem is solved in nearly every new loader, gui, wbfs-tool.

3. Langlest
    OP

Newcomer Langlest Advanced Member

United Kingdom

ok thanks [​IMG]

4. funnystory

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    well i already have 2 games that are corrupt.Im using the latest ultimate usb loader.Could I go ahead and delete both the corrupt games with corrupting anymore?

5. muuh

Newcomer muuh Member

Germany
    I deleted Super Smash Brothers with USB Loader 1.0, because I didn't know about this. But I added some other games and nothing happened. Should I do something about it or is it possible that there hasn't been a problem?

6. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    if smashbrothers was the last game you installed before you deleted it you should be fine. if not then you'll get a problem as soon as the space previously used by ssbb is filled. i am sorry but there is no solution for this right now. save all images to your pc as long as the are not corrupted, reformat and copy all images back would help.

7. funnystory

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    so could i delete the games that arent working?

8. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you're not having problem, I wouldn't worry about it. The bug actually frees up 1 wrong block. So chances are, only one of the games adjacent to the deleted game will be affected. Just play until you see a "bad" game, then delete it and re-install. Make sure you now use a util that has been fixed.