Hardware What's the difference between upgradable and flashable hwfly chips?

LipefipeFelps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After all that picofly discussion, i decided to search a bit more about modchips, and found out there is upgradable and flashable variants, one being significantly more expensive than the other. Didn't really find an explanation regarding the difference between those 2, and the seller also wasn't of help (as shown in the pic, lol)

Screenshot_2023-03-01-10-48-41-827_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg

Can someone explain the difference? Thanks in advance 👍

dehydrated_lemur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he's saying one is the original chip. The elusive sx core but I don't believe it. Those are rare and aren't made anymore.

I bought the more expensive one because I have high hopes maybe it's just made better. Or maybe I'm just a stupid American and want to pay more. [emoji52]

Either way, mine came with sx firmware on it and I flashed it to .7.1 and it works much better now. It boots in .5 seconds as opposed to like 6 seconds with sx firmware. I also no longer need boot.dat

They are both upgradable.

Last edited by dehydrated_lemur,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
After all that picofly discussion, i decided to search a bit more about modchips, and found out there is upgradable and flashable variants, one being significantly more expensive than the other. Didn't really find an explanation regarding the difference between those 2, and the seller also wasn't of help (as shown in the pic, lol)

View attachment 356466

Can someone explain the difference? Thanks in advance 👍
the only difference are several bucks.

is like the difference between a chicken breast and a chicken supreme, the only difference is 20 USD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?