whats THE BEST DS EMULATOR FOR PC?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Karmaocta, May 3, 2010.

May 3, 2010
  1. Karmaocta
    OP

Newcomer Karmaocta Newbie

United States
    I TRIED 2, ONE BEING NO GBA AND THE OTHER WAS GBANEON OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ALL POKEMON AND MEGA MAN GAMES FAST AND SLICK JUST LIKE VBA RUNS. AND I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THEY CAME UP WITH A EMULATOR THAT CAN DO WIFI THROUGH HAMACHI OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT [​IMG]

2. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    http://desmume.org/ works pretty well, also it contains nice features

If you use No$, make sure to use No$Zoomer... Google has all the links here

and calm the FUCK down.

3. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i am going to stick with desmume [​IMG]
    its been pretty good and gets update so frequent

4. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    True, but No$ can prove to be much faster though, as in emulation speed and game wise.

[​IMG]

But yeah, desmume is the way to go since its still supported.

5. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    Up to now there are 2 emulators that both run ds games very well. However depending on your computer you might prefer one over the other...

No$gba
    An emulator that has good compatability and also has very little speed issues. This emulator runs fine on somewhat older computers, but can get too fast on newer computers like vista and windows 7. Some roms won't work on this emulator and the development for this emulator has stopped a long time. The latest version is 2.6a

DeSmuME
    A very good emulator and probably the best around. DeSmuME is still in development and is now open scource. It can have some MAJOR slowdown on older PCs but newer PCs like vista and windows 7 run it fine. Unlike no$gba games don't run way too fast because of a frame limiter. It is also good for TASsing and other stuff. If you have a fast PC, go for this one. Do note that it only works fully on a pc with SSE2, but that mostly boils down to xp or up.

Long story short: the best for slow PCs is no$gba which isn't updated anymore. And the best emulator for faster PCs is DeSmuME, which is now open source and superior to no$gba, but requires SSE2 for full functionality (basically XP or up in most cases).