Hacking What's the Best Custom Firmware to Use for the PSP1001?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I recently got my very first PSP (PSP1001). The system was running 5.55-Prome-4 (I guess prometheus custom firmware). However I decided to just force update the system to run 6.61 to get full compatibility with everything. With some digging I found out multiple types of custom firmware exists for the PSP, while that's fine and dandy, it left me in a situation where I have no idea which one to use (coming from the Nintendo side of things, we don't have billions of different custom firmware options). Which custom firmware setup is the latest and best to use for these systems?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

From personal Experiences,the 6.61 PROMOD-C2p is a good Choice.
But also important are the Plug Ins (for PSX/EBoot Games) you use,mainly POPS Loader Versions.
For this PROMOD Version the v5.50 pops is a good and very compatible one.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: Ryccardo

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update to 6.6x* first, then install the appropriate ME or (PRO + run the CIPL Flasher homebrew, included, to turn it into a proper permanent CFW)

* since 6.61 came out about 4 years later, not many plugins were updated for it - however, most 6.60 plugins still work fine (out of the box or with a compatibility layer plugin) and most major ones that needed to were indeed updated

6.61 compared to 6.60 brings support for TLS 1.0 (making the PS Store and 10% more websites compatible again), a bugfix for an obscure Japanese game, and the satisfaction of being on the latest version :)

Don't bother with permapatches such as Infinity, those are inferior options for non-CIPL consoles (which a 1000 never is) although they will work if you really want to

Last edited by Ryccardo,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 6.6x* first, then install the appropriate ME or (PRO + run the CIPL Flasher homebrew, included, to turn it into a proper permanent CFW)

* since 6.61 came out about 4 years later, not many plugins were updated for it - however, most 6.60 plugins still work fine (out of the box or with a compatibility layer plugin) and most major ones that needed to were indeed updated

6.61 compared to 6.60 brings support for TLS 1.0 (making the PS Store and 10% more websites compatible again), a bugfix for an obscure Japanese game, and the satisfaction of being on the latest version :)

Don't bother with permapatches such as Infinity, those are inferior options for non-CIPL consoles (which a 1000 never is) although they will work if you really want to
Did some research into both, I managed to find ME, which seems to be Light Minimum Edition (LME) on the internet, I would assume this is the appropriate site for it?
https://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/iframe_661LME.html

I couldn't find any specific link or source site for the PRO variant. Looking on YouTube, most if not all the videos I find related to the PRO custom firmware involve Infinity 2.0. I found tons of loose downloads however with bundled stuff and what not, I can't trust any of those however.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[...] I managed to find ME, which seems to be Light Minimum Edition (LME) on the internet[/URL]
LME is a temporary CFW, its permanent version is ME - chiefly the "ME (OFW version)" which can be installed over the matching clean 6.20 or 6.6x, and you can get it here: https://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=38203

PRO is also a temporary CFW which must be flashed over a matching-version base system, but it includes the "CIPL Flasher" homebrew to turn it into a permanent CFW

Either temporary CFW can instead be turned into a permapatch CFW by setting up Infinity afterwards :)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, don't have a psp 1000, I have a psp 3000 as people call it. Always have used the pro cfw. Just too good. Plus I hear is the only one with online multiplayer function with that coldbird server. Though I never actually got to try it. Kinda wish I did. Still haven't finished phantasy star portable, and was disappointed it didn't have online mode. Would also be fun to try final fantasy tactics war of the lions. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...