Gaming What's new?!

ExDee

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2008
Messages
195
Trophies
0
Location
Jupiter
Website
Visit site
XP
89
Country
United States
My DS got stolen at November 08 and got the DSi today. Just wondering what recommended RPG games are there and fighting games etc. I never posted since then. It got stolen along with like my 10 some what charms from japan + skin from Pokemon Center in Tokyo

so yeah. I got the AK2i and wanna know nice games recommended. I like RPG Like FF, Fighting ones like naruto and like rhythm games. TY
moogle.gif
 

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Messages
560
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Sydney, Australia!
Website
Visit site
XP
96
Country
Frog said:
What are you talking about?
I thought that was just a rumor, and they all work...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145267

As for the OP all i can think of at the moment is pokemon platinum (but you probably already know that one)


Oh my!

I was just away for a week and I miss all this~?!
 

ZaneStriker

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 2, 2009
Messages
18
Trophies
0
XP
1
Country
Your kidding right Frog? He's been gone since November and you can't recommend Final Fantasy Cystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time? OR GTA: China Wars?

Dude, there are heaps of threads at the moment about what's hot and what's not. Browse and if you see something that catches your eye, wiki or gamespot it or something.

But definatly check out FFCC:EoT.

-ZaneStriker
 

ExDee

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2008
Messages
195
Trophies
0
Location
Jupiter
Website
Visit site
XP
89
Country
United States
MyauChanDesu said:
Uhm.. You do know that your AK2i will not work on the DSi right?
idk what u talkin about. works great with mine and latest firmware

ZaneStriker said:
Your kidding right Frog? He's been gone since November and you can't recommend Final Fantasy Cystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time? OR GTA: China Wars?

Dude, there are heaps of threads at the moment about what's hot and what's not. Browse and if you see something that catches your eye, wiki or gamespot it or something.

But definatly check out FFCC:EoT.

-ZaneStriker
Thanx. I wanted to know the new final fantasy

MyauChanDesu said:
QUOTE(Frog @ Apr 6 2009, 06:33 PM)
What are you talking about?
I thought that was just a rumor, and they all work...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145267

As for the OP all i can think of at the moment is pokemon platinum (but you probably already know that one)


Oh my!

I was just away for a week and I miss all this~?!

I guess that was scarcasm
 

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
442
Trophies
0
Age
36
Location
Niagara Region, Ontario
Website
Visit site
XP
138
Country
Canada
Look everyone! It's Moots, and his puppet side kick "MR. SELFRELIANCE" ! YAYYYYYYY

Hey OP, Mr SelfReliance says "how about not being a useless, lazy bag of meat and *GASP* go through the release forum."

Very helpfully forum, the releases are numbered, and often the popular titles have a high post counts, often containing very helpful information....WOW! My side kick "Mr. SelfReliance" loves helpful information, and you should too!

It would take a total of 4 minutes to skim through a few pages of releases, and if your browser supports tabs, which it should you can just open a tab for any interesting titles as you go along, then read through a few of em! You can even hunt down reviews for them later on. Mr. Self Reliance says reviews are very helpful, and often can give him details on game features he may be interested in!

This may seem mentally taxing, and if you have only a 2nd grade reading level it may very well be! Mr. SelfReliance has a 4th grade reading level and, while he has to sound out some words, and follow along with his finger, he still gets through this step pretty quickly, so, he says, you should be ok.

So go be pro-active and stop asking people to do the work for you!

Also if you are hell bent on creating a new topic, maybe you could have a few games you were interested in then ask for opinions, high and low points, and what not for those certain games! Mr. SelfReliance says this is a great compromise, but you shouldn't abuse it, and only use it when needed.

Remember Kids, Mr. SelfReliance says doing the work, be it easy or difficult, is much more fulfilling! No one wants to go through life as a useless piece of crap always getting others to do thier work for them, not even a puppet! So go out there and do something for yourself!

"The only thing worse than a stupid person, is a stupid person who doesn't do anything for themselves. This is why labour camps were invented! To force motivate lazy people. So we can all thank/throw rocks at Lazy people for labour camps!"
-Mr SelfReliance
 

DARKSHIDARA

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
88
Trophies
0
Location
the only dark soul in heaven
XP
8
Country
United States
try gta china town wars, avalon code, final fantasy crystal chonicles, tokio beatdown (its like streets of rage), valkyrie profile covenant of the plume, pokemon platinum, Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure, Peggle: Dual Shot, Suikoden Tierkreis, Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride, Moon, Retro Game Challenge, Rhythm Heaven ..................................... good gaming!!!!!
 

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
1,032
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Washington State
XP
297
Country
United States
Moots said:
Look everyone! It's Moots, and his puppet side kick "MR. SELFRELIANCE" ! YAYYYYYYY

Hey OP, Mr SelfReliance says "how about not being a useless, lazy bag of meat and *GASP* go through the release forum."

Very helpfully forum, the releases are numbered, and often the popular titles have a high post counts, often containing very helpful information....WOW! My side kick "Mr. SelfReliance" loves helpful information, and you should too!

It would take a total of 4 minutes to skim through a few pages of releases, and if your browser supports tabs, which it should you can just open a tab for any interesting titles as you go along, then read through a few of em! You can even hunt down reviews for them later on. Mr. Self Reliance says reviews are very helpful, and often can give him details on game features he may be interested in!

This may seem mentally taxing, and if you have only a 2nd grade reading level it may very well be! Mr. SelfReliance has a 4th grade reading level and, while he has to sound out some words, and follow along with his finger, he still gets through this step pretty quickly, so, he says, you should be ok.

So go be pro-active and stop asking people to do the work for you!

Also if you are hell bent on creating a new topic, maybe you could have a few games you were interested in then ask for opinions, high and low points, and what not for those certain games! Mr. SelfReliance says this is a great compromise, but you shouldn't abuse it, and only use it when needed.

Remember Kids, Mr. SelfReliance says doing the work, be it easy or difficult, is much more fulfilling! No one wants to go through life as a useless piece of crap always getting others to do thier work for them, not even a puppet! So go out there and do something for yourself!

"The only thing worse than a stupid person, is a stupid person who doesn't do anything for themselves. This is why labour camps were invented! To force motivate lazy people. So we can all thank/throw rocks at Lazy people for labour camps!"
-Mr SelfReliance
In the time that it took you to post your adorable little flame, you could have made a decent contribution to the thread
wink.gif

But trolling is much more fun amirite?

Anyway, a lot has happened since last November. The games that stuck out for me were:
Peggle
GTA: CW
Trackmania DS
DQV
DQIV (that was after November, right?)

That being said, i spent most of my time playing around with nesDS, so I would look elsewhere for suggestions.
 

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
442
Trophies
0
Age
36
Location
Niagara Region, Ontario
Website
Visit site
XP
138
Country
Canada
Actually Dwight, if you haven't noticed, I am the guy who was trying to reduce the amount of "Suggest a game for me" threads. These are clutter threads, created by lazy a-holes. You know so questions and threads started by people with issues would actually get read.

And this was no different, its the same as reposting an already asked question without searching for a post already containing the answer, however in this case there is not only an already existing post, but an entire, easy to read fucking forum.

So, Dwight you can take your adorable little italicized word using ass and scamper right the fuck off.


You want trolling? Bend over, I'll troll my boot so far up your ass you'll have to move it over to chew.

Tune in next weeks folks, when I'll be putting on a seminar on how to be rude to wannabe forum super heroes! They think they are being helpful, but are they? Defending against trolls? Or promoting forum clutter? All the answers next week.

*Spoiler alert*

They are as helpful as a burning urethra.
 

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
1,032
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Washington State
XP
297
Country
United States
This is actually a legitimate thread. He's been out of the web for a long time, and he wants to know what he missed out on. That's better than your average "Suggest me a RPG" thread. Stop being such a mini-mod. If there's a problem with this thread, the moderators will do something about it. It's your job to contribute to discussion, not to tell people what they can and cannot discuss.

Also this makes me sound like a hypocrite, because I'm telling you not to post, but I just want to point out that I already suggested him a few games, and attempted to contribute to the discussion
wink.gif
 

ExDee

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2008
Messages
195
Trophies
0
Location
Jupiter
Website
Visit site
XP
89
Country
United States
Moots said:
Hey Dark! Don't feed the useless meat bags!
Ur the biggest bitch i've seen seen... I knew there would be someone that would try to make a senseless comment. There have been 1k+ releases since when it got stolen. Lmfao you got no emotion huh?

edit : I missed out on alot I can tell and just want to get informed about news of DS.
 

fateastray

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
659
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
203
Country
Netherlands
No offense to the OP or it's sympathizers, but I'm with Moots on this one. To spot the really-good-releases in the release thread is easy enough. You could also head to IGN and read reviews for latest releases. Like, if you don't want to go through the trouble to go through releases, you expect others to......Sure, you missed out on about 1000 releases, but then, take the time to look for them yourself...There have been too many 'recommend me a game'-threads and this one is pretty much one too....There's a sticky for a reason....

Ontopic: Suikoden Tierkreis is one of the better RPG's on DS for sure. All the worth-mentioning has been afore mentioned.
 

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
700
Trophies
0
Age
25
Location
Clouds
Website
Visit site
XP
175
Country
Finland
FFCC: Echoes of Time, GTA : Chinatown wars, Pokemon Platinum, Avalon Code, Valkyrie Profile : Covenant of the Plume, Black Sigil : Blade of the exiled and C.O.R.E are released soon, check them out too. Oh I almost forgot, Suikoden : Tierkeis is a must
smile.gif
 

JDandy

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
299
Trophies
0
Age
31
XP
54
Country
Netherlands
Moots said:
So, Dwight you can take your adorable little italicized word using ass and scamper right the fuck off.

As much as I disagree with Moots' angry way of handling things, that was hilarious.
Moots does have a point though, these WHAT DID I MISS GUISE and SUGGEST ME A GAME TO PLAY BUT NOT THIS OR THIS threads are kind of pointless.

Best bet would be to go through the list of NDS releases, or to head over to ds-scene and...do exactly the same thing. (except ds-scene has the boxarts immediately visible, so it'd be a tiny bit easier)

It's much more fun to look over the boxarts and just grab anything that looks interesting. Threads like these will only get you suggestions which involve the latest popular game, so you'll be missing out on a lot.

Unless getting others to do your work for you gives you some sort of internet-emperor hard-on.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tom can we just link some lemon party stuff? lol