What Wiimote Recharging Stand Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by JDMEVOIXMR, Oct 17, 2008.

Oct 17, 2008
  1. JDMEVOIXMR
    OP

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm in the market for one, but I've heard the battery life isn't that long. Nyko is good, but I can't stand the rubber back and the bright colors. The one from DX, I've read bad reviews where people have said the battery lasts for only like 3 hourss o.O

2. OsCatalepticos

Newcomer OsCatalepticos Member

United States
    i use the Nyko bought 2 of them for my 4 wiimotes. i dont even notice the rubber back when playing games [​IMG]

3. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Using the Nyko set. No bright colors though, just white and grey. I got mine as a open box item, cause someone returned them thinking they didn't work. The problem was that when the back cover was in place the batteries were being pushed away from the contacts. I just bent the tabs on the battery and all works good now. They last about 8 hours between charges so far.

4. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Back home, we have the Nyko set (which is bright on the LEDs when charging or whatnot, but that's negligible), but here I use rechargeable batteries. They get bonus points since I can use them over and over again in different things than just the Wiimotes. =P

5. ChiefHit'emB

Newcomer ChiefHit'emB Newbie

United States
    I've got the Nyko charging station here... and yeah, the LEDs are pretty bright while charging, but that's the only bright colors I've noticed, eh. As far as the rubber back goes, it really isn't a problem for me. It helps as far as gripping the Wii-mote in general goes, seeing as I don't like the skin/cover things provided or that you can buy; however, I don't know that I can say that I even really notice it... seeing as how when I play a game, I don't much pay attention to the controller (unless it's a crappy knock-off that doesn't even come close to the feel of the original) so much as the game itself. I just wish I could charge the battery-pak by itself without rigging it up to the stand with tape and cardboard pieces... because I tend to forget to charge the pak sometimes and as a result... forced to use batteries, which I usually steal from my channel changer for the time being...

Anyways... Yeah, I use the Nyko charging station.

6. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    rechargeable batteries, much more cheaper than a stand.

7. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I bought a year ago a set by ICON in Canada, i'm not sure if you can found those in the US, I pay like 15can bucks, and I used to play like 4 or 5 hrs back then (Zelda TP) and recharge the Wiimotes like every 3 or 4 days, I am really amazed about this batteries..!!!

8. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

Well not really... they are about the same price ... for a good set of High capacity NIMH rechargeable batteries and a charger cost around the same as a dedicated Wii charger stand and chargeable battery packs!

9. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    And last longer. I had a Nyko stand once, the batteries completely died on my within a few months.

10. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    Like others, I personally found it cheaper and easier to just get rechargeable energizers. 20$ for 4 and the charger, and you don't have all the issues people have reported with the stands.

edit - fixed grammar

11. agn015

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    I use the Nyko charge station for all 4 of my wiimotes and haven't had any problems.