What ways can users get banned?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xxbilxx, Feb 26, 2016.

1. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    It's all in the title. I know you can get banned from using public headers and from cheating online. Is there any other way? I recently went to the eShop and went to my redownloadable games to download a legit game I purchased, but all my pirated games showed up in the list of installable titles. I assume this means my installed list is now stored on Nintendos servers with which they can cross reference that I never actually bought the games. Is it possible for me to receive a ban from simply looking at my list of redownloadable games? Is that list only stored client side? Thanks for any and all help regarding my question.

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    The purchased are server side, the .CIA are client side, so if you buy another 3ds you will only see the legit ones.

3. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.3-1-zen
    Playing out of region versions of games online in general is a bad idea.

4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    They show up because they are legit CIA's and for things that can get you banned thats about it maybe playing out of region games online could flag you but thats about it.

5. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Well I never play out of region CIAs, and I know they show up because they're legit. But how does Nintendo know that I didn't pirate them all. Like FILO mentioned, the data saying they're on my device is server side. Couldn't Nintendo look into that and cross reference my purchases? Or am I just being crazy?

6. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Yes and no I understand what your saying but it so unlikely to happen, and there has not been a single case of that.

7. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Okay. Let's hope some dick Nintendo employee doesn't get the bright idea in the future. Mods can lock. Was just verifying what I did wouldn't ban me in the near future.

8. jagerstaffel

jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2008
    United States
    Nintendo would need a reason to look into your eshop account activity. I'm quite sure it's anti-consumer if they have free reign to look into other people's eshop receipts.

Xenon Hacks likes this.