All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine told me about a Nintendo DS game about 1 or 2 years ago... I cannot remember the name for the life of me! Can anyone help me find it?

All the information I can remember:
-- Innovative use of the touch screen and buttons together
-- Bright, quirky graphics with a mix of 2D and 3D
-- Was story-driven
-- Story was generic 'orphan who becomes a hero' stuff
-- Was highly based in fantasy

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you just call your friend and ask him?
tongue.gif

I will go with Avalon Code... but I dont remember the main character being an orphan, also it doesnt have 2D graphics... all in 3D

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
Avalon Code?
Disgaea?
FF3/4?
Suikoden?
FFCC- Ring of Fates/Echoes of Time

Avalon Code is a no-go. I have tried it and it does not fit the first option or the second option.
Disgaea is a no-go. I have tried it and it does not fit the first option or the second option.
FF3 is a no-go. It does not fit the second option, from what I can see.
FF4 is a no-go. It does not fit the second option, from what I can see.
Suikoden is a no-go. I have tried it and it does not fit the first option or the second option.
FFCC: Ring of Fates is a no-go. It does not fit the second option or the fourth option, from what I can see.
FFCC: Echoes of Time is a no-go. It does not fit the first option or the second option, from what I can see.

QUOTE(NahuelDS @ Apr 19 2011, 01:34 AM) can you just call your friend and ask him?
tongue.gif

I will go with Avalon Code... but I dont remember the main character being an orphan, also it doesnt have 2D graphics... all in 3D

It's too late to call him, and if I cannot remember then he probably won't remember either.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think a game exists with all of this. I don't know of a single game that swaps between 2D and 3D with a generic story and innovative all mixed into one package. You may be looking for the impossible.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I don't think a game exists with all of this. I don't know of a single game that swaps between 2D and 3D with a generic story and innovative all mixed into one package. You may be looking for the impossible.
If I remember correctly, the game does not swap between 2D and 3D graphics.

But you may be right. I DO remember my friend saying he heard about the game in a Nintendo Power or some equivalent gaming magazine, though.

QUOTE(AlanJohn @ Apr 19 2011, 01:41 AM) Please more details.
There are a bunch of RPG's with the use of 2d and 3d.

At the same time? And with a generic story? And with innovative controls? And all of the graphics being bright and quirky? Are you SURE there are many games like the one I attempt to describe?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo Power = rumor mill when it comes to new games.

I learned to stop reading their articles about upcoming games, as most of it was false speculation that ultimately left me disappointed at the time of arrival for the game.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
TWEWY fits pretty much everything except for the whole orphan, generic story thing (as far as I'm aware). I didn't get too terribly far in, but it seemed like the main character was just really emo and generic.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
TWEWY fits pretty much everything except for the whole orphan, generic story thing (as far as I'm aware). I didn't get too terribly far in, but it seemed like the main character was just really emo and generic.

If it does not fit everything, it is not the game I am looking for. The World Ends With You does not have the generic story and is not an orphan. The game does not have any 3D graphics at any point.

The World Ends With You is NOT what I am searching for. In fact, I am playing it right now. If TWEWY was the game I was looking for, then why would I ask if I already had it?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Nathan Drake said:

If it does not fit everything, it is not the game I am looking for. The World Ends With You does not have the generic story and is not an orphan. The game does not have any 3D graphics at any point.

The World Ends With You is NOT what I am searching for. In fact, I am playing it right now. If TWEWY was the game I was looking for, then why would I ask if I already had it?

Because everyone here knows what you are playing, right?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
It's not out in English yet...if it gets localized it wont be until end of this year or early next year probably.
Well that's not good. Oh well!

Is there a version of the game that doesn't require the book? There's only one computer in the house and I'm not supposed to be on it if I'm using my Nintendo DS at the same time, so I cannot simply download the book....

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
No, but you could always print out a copy of the book
That is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many pages to be printing out for a game that may not even be playable due to the language barrier!

Also, I forgot to ask, but... Is there a translation going on of the book and the game? I heard the book has required information, and with it being in Japanese I cannot read it... The game is.. well, you get the gist of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...