Hacking Question What version is compatible with Micro SDXC (128GB)?

Zris96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I'm planning to buy a 128gb micro SDXC... I've searching on Google about the compatible version of the firmware but the only thing I found is things like "You need to update your console to use it"... so, any of you know which version is required to use this kind of micro SD?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, when you updating with sdxc inside, you'll also get compability patch. But force your sdxc to fat32 format is a good workaround.

Reactions: Zris96

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm sure. The total game size is bigger than 4GB but not a single file exceeds 4GB and that's the only thing matters.

Well atmosphere I'm guessing will let you update your emunand, so this won't be a problem?

Well then that's even better! :D
I hope that a 128GB MicroSD will be enough for some games :)
I'm thinking to buy this one: 128GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10.

Do you think it would be enough? Or should I get at least 200GB? :)

saneatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys as LysergCooltyp said:

I'm sure. The total game size is bigger than 4GB but not a single file exceeds 4GB and that's the only thing matters.

Fat32 filesystems ONLY care about the file size limit when it comes to individual files.

When you download a game from the eShop it’s really downloading a bunch of separate files. Since it would be rather rediculous to have a single file that’s 4gb in size you should be fine until atmosphere comes out. Then you should get the patch.

As for why no single large file? That’s because any interruption in the connection could result in the corruption of said file.

That combined with how long verification of said file would take would increase download times, especially if you have to download that file multiple times.

Odds are they split the game into smaller chunks of files that downloaded, then verified by some hash, then extracted.

However OPs question is a good one and will be added to the FAQ.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Well then that's even better! :D
I hope that a 128GB MicroSD will be enough for some games :)
I'm thinking to buy this one: 128GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10.

Do you think it would be enough? Or should I get at least 200GB? :)
200GB is still heavily overpriced. Unless you get one during a decent sale, 128GB will be enough for a while.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Currently on Amazon Germany, Sandisk A1 128GB costs 40€ while the 200GB is 56€ so the € per GB is even lower than the 128GB. 256GB is about 120€ though and totally not worth it.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...