What to get? AK2 or AK2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by lsp_kill, Jun 8, 2009.

Jun 8, 2009

What to get? AK2 or AK2i? by lsp_kill at 10:12 AM (1,369 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. lsp_kill
    OP

Newcomer lsp_kill Member

United States
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of getting an Acekard to use with my DSL and now I got to ask myself if there is any difference between AK2 and AK2i except that you can use the AK2i with a DSi?

I would be really thankful for every helpful answer.

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    That's the only difference is that the ak2i is compatable with the dsi. Well then again I read that the ak2i has homebrew problems. (So do the other "i" cards apparently.)

3. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The choice is pretty obvious. On many sites, the AK2i is only a few dollars more expensive so you might as well get it just in case you ever do get a DSi.

4. TheDarkSeed

Member TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    I say get a regular AK2. If you plan on getting a DSi MY opinion would be to hold out for a better card.

But if you plan on trashing your lite once you get your DSi, then by all means get the AK2i.

5. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i would say get a ak2i
    since the price wise is not much different
    who knows about the future [​IMG]

6. chintendox

Newcomer chintendox Member

United States
    Obvious, get the AK2i with AKAIO firmware. Its newer, possibly more supported and the best flashcart available right now.

7. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Boxshot is right. The AK2 and the AK2i is the same card except the 2i was tweaked for it to work on the DSi. If the price is not that much different, I'd get the 2i but you're not really gaining anything extra from it aside from the fact that it will work on a DSi if you plan on upgrading. It's not "better" because it's newer. It was just designed for a different system. They both use the same AKAIO firmware so you're getting the same support.

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    these things are true except for the fact that the ak2i was rushed to the market. it has msd seat problems, contact issues, and the msd slots are of a poor quality. i know a few poeple who have had them simply stop working with normal use. if you don't have a dsi get an ak2.1. if you have the dsi you really don't have a choice, if you stick with the acekard products.

-another world

9. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I got ak2i,akAIO 1.4.1,loader of 06/01/09,DSi and I'm happy with it [​IMG]

except the fat errors when using dsftp, dskiosk and dsorganize and I got no answer of the creators of the homebrews, yet. [​IMG]