What to expect?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by FlashX007, Oct 12, 2011.

Oct 12, 2011

What to expect? by FlashX007 at 6:13 PM (501 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. FlashX007
    OP

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I will be getting a 3DS finally after my family finds a new place to move to. Anyways I looked up enough stuff about it and I am highly anxious so I figured I would make a topic and ask a few stuff.

I haven't really had hands on with it so I don't know what to do with it.

What can you do on it? (Without using internet e.g. features... etc.)

What should be the first game I get for it?

I have a DSTWO (updated completely including 3DS boot before selling my XL) anyways would it work on it? I am asking in case 3DS has a new update which prevents it.

Anyways anything along those lines.

I want black but I will get blue if its only thing available at Wal-Mart. I am happy I waited because I was going to get it at GameStop but Wal-Mart gives a freebie case with it. ^_^

2. cris92x

Member cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If your not going to use the internet then you can do what it was meant to do, play 3ds and ds games on it >.> I guess you can also streetpass if you find other poeple with a 3DS

3. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    Well I am going to go to open local places that have WiFi to download freebies on the eShop. I am curious if there are any good freebies or anything. I am moving so I might even get WiFi don't know. Not going to write it off because of WiFi though.

4. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    First of all, the DSTwo will ALWAYS work on a standard 3DS. Even if you update the 3DS without updating the DSTwo, the DSTwo can flash without launching the cart (via the internal CPU), so you can never get into a sticky situation.

One note, however: A lot of people with a 3DS, DSTwo, and some sort of 3rd part battery (such as the Nyko PowerPak+) have reported that the DSTwo is a very tight fit, so you might wanna reconsider an internal battery replacement.

As for the first game you should get, 99% of people would recommend Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, although the other 1% would recommend Super Street Fighter IV or Dead or Alive Dimensions.

However, even if you don't want to spend any money, I hear that the StreetPass Quest included in the system is engrossing. Also, it was so popular that StreetPass Quest 2 is coming in the November eShop update!

5. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    Zelda is a given but I am considering StarFox 64. I was a big fan of Star Fox... there are a lot of titles and I figure after I settle down from moving I would get a job and use some of the money to get games. I am a bit down though because I haven't gone back to retail in years...