Hacking What to do for the best

Piggy53

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'v not used our Wii for a while but the grandson is getting older now and wants to play.
Its an oldie running v4.2e and has Neo Gamma R8 FINAL. IOS249 Rev 20

When trying to connect to the weather page it asks to do a system update.
Now I assume this will kill off my Neo gamma in the process and I gather Homebrew disappears as well..

Question.
Do I leave well alone and stop the little one from updating the box or let it update and try to get it soft modded again. ??? ( We have over 100 discs here that I don't really want to bin ).

Hope someone can help.

istmeedoofer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I think USB Loader Gx will play backup discs, if you can confirm that I would update your Wii, this thread may help:-

https://gbatemp.net/threads/which-ios-needed-to-play-backup-dvds.471408/

If you update your Wii you may want to install a later ISO249, DX V8 would be my suggestion.. Cyan has written a couple of softmod / install guides recently, to get Loader Gx up and running from an un-modded Wii really is only 1/2 hours work if you follow his guides...

If you get all that done why not think about getting a cheap external hard drive (not a flash drive) and backup the discs to that, this really does make the Wii a lot more accessible....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh