What size sd/sdhc card do you use?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by 6voltsystem, Nov 13, 2008.

1. 6voltsystem
    OP

6voltsystem Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    United States
    I was wondering what size card do you use? What type? Is there any hope for installing an external USB HD in the near future? Let the flames and redirections begin [​IMG]

And just if nobody has said it in a while "Thank you GBAtemp & staff"

2. kashin

kashin GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2008
    Netherlands
    It might be possible in the future, it probaply will.
    I use a 2GB Sandisk SD Card, no problems so far.

3. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    People have claimed that with the new Homebrew 9 beta they are using up to 16 gig cards
    looks promising for the future

4. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    can someone please explain to me how there getting the wii to use a 8 or 16 gb sdhc card? I just bought a 8 gig for $45 and I can't do anything with it

5. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    Gainesville, FL
    8gb class4 and 16gb class6 both work here. *using the 8gb for the wii regularly*
    see the thread in my sig, ive compiled a few emulators and programs for use with sdhc.

apparently its not perfect on all sdhc cards. a good way to test is to see if hbc9 works with the card.

6. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    well that definately is a great leap, hope to see things being materialised in near future ~!

i am using 2GB of Transcend Micro SD + SD Adapter

7. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    I'm using a 2GB card. Normal applications will never fill that up, so it's all about game data. I've put a selection of SNES and Genesis roms on it, and stuff like Monkey Island 1,2 and 3. With 3 being the biggest, about 450MB. That leaves me with a lot of free storage space, I have no idea what to do with it

8. xshinox

xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    using 1gb on mines. i only store wads, save files, vc games. someone keeps saying they can load wii iso games off of sd cards. i dont believe