Hardware What size memory card do i need?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazon are doing a £190 deal with LBP and a 4GB memory card and its pretty tempting because its a reasonable price with a game i want. However, is 4GB enough?

I dont plan to be downloading any games digitally, i will always play cart versions. I also have no interest in downloading old games or using playstation plus. However, i am aware that they have some free games that might pip my interest which is where my original question comes in. How big are some of the free games? Will 4GB be enough if i primarily just used cart copies of games with maybe a few extra space for some MP3s?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4GB is not big enough for the free games. Using NA's PS+ as a reference, Gravity Rush is 1.3GB, Uncharted is 3GB and Blazblue is 3.3GB.
So yeah, it's not enough. Only thing you can do is save your game.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the poster above me stated, this is pretty much what I hear from every Vita owner.

In my own opinion with all the downloadable stuff with PSN+ I would just buy the largest memory card Sony makes.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah uhh i said im not going to be downloading games and if the free games are going to be alot of gb then ill just skip those anyways. For saving and using the console with cart games, i should be fine with 4GBs then?

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say get the 4 gb if you honestly don't think you will be downloading any games. You can always buy a bigger card later on if you find its not enough for you.

I actually only have a 4gb myself. I've been on PS+ for vita since it started, so I probably have more than enough data to fill a 16gb card. However, I just swap my games out, just keep 1 or 2 on my vita at a time. It kinda sucks in the sense that I have a ton of games that I have barely played, but on the other hand, 1 or 2 games at a time is enough for me. I'm just waiting until I can find a good deal on a 32gb card.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
16/32GB all the way. 4 GB is enough for the odd PSOne Classic, but not much else. I currently have a 32 GB card (mainly for PS+) and it fits my needs quite well. Currently have all FF games released on the PSX/PSP installed on it + all PS+ games to date. Will probably run out of space soon, but then again, I still have some games I've completed already :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning