Gaming What scares you?

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
I'm currently in the planning phase of making a Horror-Survival Game.
I'm trying to do something like Slender but as a coop-game where it's not the only task to gather pages.

Now there are many things that I personally think are scary, but I'd like to know what you think is the most scary situation you could get yourself into!

Examples:
- Home alone, laying in your bed and then you hear weird sounds from below. The lights shut down. Someone could be in your house.
- You wan't to get something out of your basement, but then the door closes behind you. It's a pretty big basement, the only thing you have is you're phones flashlight.

Thanks!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. smiley_emoticons_seb_zylinder.gif

- unexpected "Appearances" - like the Dogs in the Beginning in "Resident Evil" (PSX)
But maybe different (Location) if you play the Game a second Time.

- I am not a Fan of the "Flashlight" playing like in Resident Evil 7,but it have best Possibilities for Scaring Moments.

- Noises which you can not locate.....is it behind the next Door ?

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a line of thought that co-op is not and may well never well be able to be made scary. I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 co-op a lot but it is nothing compared to mechanically similar games and those with tank controls (I only ever played with a friend).

Anyway I would say look into psychological tricks more than settings, including those you might do in the game (ominous music is overplayed but there are still audio tricks, narrow vision is a shorthand but it really does work, removing control or making them harder during terror.
Or if you prefer you can make any setting scary if you know what you are doing. http://www.cmhumphries.com/blog/5-elements-of-a-good-horror-story . Main reason then to solicit personal fears is to do some kind of common setup and target them. Can't say that is a great way to go though.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1