1. SonDaan

OP SonDaan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Hey, I've been experiencing wiggly joycons. They move back and forth a little. Everything works fine, just a little annoying. Are there any good cases/shells out there that keep 'm in place?

2. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Almost all of them with a single body covering the tablet + cons would work. The mumbas look good but I haven't tried them. Most grips will also achieve the same of locking the cons in place as they hang on by squeezing either side a little. Even the split pad pro is a lot more rigidly attached than joy-cons.

3. SonDaan

Newcomer

Belgium
    I don't like the Mumba's that have the buttons on top of volume and power. I've heard lots of stories of the cases damaging the console or even pushing the buttons unwillingly.

4. sorabora

sorabora GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This annoyed me for years. I have cases but I use dock and portable 50/50. Cases were annoying. Someone suggested the simplest thing that fixed: small amount of masking tape on the bottom of the tablet (on the outsides) where the joycons slide on. They stay on super firm now and I've only replaced the tape once in the past 3-4 months.

An example someone showed me with electrical tape (I used masking): https://i.imgur.com/EsS8JEF.jpg

Last edited by sorabora, Mar 28, 2020
  5. SonDaan

Newcomer

Belgium
    I have some electrical tape laying around, but I heard it makes 'm even MORE loose in time...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Joycons, Switch