Hacking What Modchip And Where?

tenentenen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NTSC United States Launch Wii and I am looking to chip it, but I am a Modchip NOOB and have no idea what to get based on my info or where to get it. /Here is what I know.

-Launch wii, NTSC
-Serial: LU10002xxx
-I looked it up on WiiTracker and it said: D2A/DMS/D2B without cut pins
- I prefer solderless because it is less risk and Removable...I think (Wiiclip or Wlip, idk which to do)

Any help is really apreciated!!!
laugh.gif

tenentenen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks that clears that up, But what chip/clip should I get for easy installation and no permanent soldering?

(also thanks for the serial tip. i changed it)

Jibib

Trophies
Website
www.nitroclan.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Ok i wanna ask the same thing, im also a complete Noob about Mod chips, i have hacked my wii tho with Custom Firmware and can play wads etc. Not that ,that matters :/.

anyway i have a PAL Launch Wii
-Serial = LEH10316****
i looked on the Wii serial tracker and it said - There is a 60% chance that your drive chip is a GC2-DMS
and a 40% chance that it is a GC2-D2B.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

Its most likely i will use a clip which has the chip pre soldered on.

My question is what is the best chip at the mo? The one which is most compatable with games which i will most likely play (popular games) . Also the one which has updates and fixes etc.

Thanks
wink.gif

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Jibib:
WiiKey + Wii-Clip V3 works for DMS, D2A, and D2B, so read the reply I gave to tenentenen; That chip will work for you as well.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So basicly all launch Wiis can have a Wii-Clip? cool, mine was bought at launch, so should it work(I didn't want to make a new thread) And I have no experience soldering, neither does anyone I know. Any risk when opening the wii and clipping it on?

Jibib

Trophies
Website
www.nitroclan.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Does it play all PAL games? Im not bothered about Region Free, i dont mind waiting for the PAL version of a game to come out xD

But the Wasabi looks good :S But WiiKey is the best ya?

Also i dont carea bout homebrew i just wanna be able to play PAL ISO's.

So wiikey is the way to go ?

Oh and btw would i need any programs coz ive heard of a trucha :S and ill be ok using Imgburn and will these ' verbatim 16x DVD +R be ok for burning ISO's to?

Thanks for all ya help i really appreciate it!
yaynds.gif

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jibib said:
Oh and btw would i need any programs coz ive heard of a trucha :S and ill be ok using Imgburn and will these ' verbatim 16x DVD +R be ok for burning ISO's to?
You only need Trucha Signer if you're modifying the game in any way (like replacing songs in Guitar Hero 3 or replacing textures in Super Smash Bros. Brawl). The only programs I'd recommend are RegionFrii and WiiBrickBlocker.

RegionFrii (lv1.21) is useful if you have a PAL ISO and need to make it NTSC, or vice versa. Just open the file, select the region you want to change it to, and press 'Update ISO'.

WiiBrickBlocker (v1.3R2) removes updates from the ISO so that it will let you play the game without wanting you to update or brick your console (if its another region ISO). Open the file, click 'Read Info', and then 'Patch'.

They both take under 30 seconds each, so it's a quick process to undergo to ensure your disc will work and not brick your system.

I also recommend taking a look at the [Wii Region Patcher Compatibility List] if you use RegionFrii. Its basically a list of games that you are able to change the region in.

Enjoy.
smile.gif

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have the same question. i just bought my wii today, a new shipment, so I'm guessing its D2C.

Serial # LU3560#####

I've heard good things about the Wiikey. Is that my best option?

Meksilon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know why everyone seems to say to use Wiiclip, all I did was quicksolder my Wiikey. To allow the chip to be easily removed I'd still recommend soldering, but use 5 wires instead, that way it should be easy enough to remove. Just remember to insulate your chip from shorting out the motherboard if you go this route.
Jibib said:
Ok i wanna ask the same thing, im also a complete Noob about Mod chips, i have hacked my wii tho with Custom Firmware and can play wads etc. Not that ,that matters :/.

i have a PAL Launch Wii

My question is what is the best chip at the mo?
There isn't a huge difference in terms of which chip is "best". The Wiikey is on the "more easily detectable" side of things, but it's easy to update so it doesn't matter much. Every chip there is could potentially be detected by a clever new game with specific code, and the best safeguard against this is to use a chip that is easily and readily updatable. So your best option would be Wiikey - easy to install, easy to remove.

If you want to update the Wii firmware, use bushing's "semi-brick fix disc" for your region, it contains the 3.2 version firmware (ie firmware that still works with Trucha), and is a better option than installing 3.3, and you can then use Starfall if you so want.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some do not feel comfortable soldering. And some just do not have a solder gun laying around and do not feel like hunting one down or buying one to never use it again.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iceedge said:
Alright, I have the same question. i just bought my wii today, a new shipment, so I'm guessing its D2C.

Serial # LU3560#####

I've heard good things about the Wiikey. Is that my best option?

Get either a D2C Pro9 v2/3 or the Wasabi v3. They are about equal in terms of functionality and reliability from everything I've read. Be forewarned: You may need to solder one wire to a solder pad with either choice (the D2C Pro V2/3 only needs it if soldering the 'jumper points' on the clip doesn't work but it looks like the Wasabi requires it). You should open your Wii to find out for sure what chip you have since you will be opening it in a week or two anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: