GCN What mod I have, any help ?

dersonik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have second hand modded gamecube. I have switch on the back.

Gamecube version is dol 001 eur.
There is few difference between switched position. Different boot animation and game disc menu is question mark or no disc. I don't have any games yet to test this.

I have recorded quick video.

Anybody knows what mod is inside?

dersonik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
it seems like is dual bios. First you have rolling cube second just splash screen, first no cd second question mark ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it seems like is dual bios. First you have rolling cube second just splash screen, first no cd second question mark ?

And what I know using switch you can just modify ntsc us / ntsc jpn so not sure what mod is inside

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have second hand modded gamecube. I have switch on the back.

Gamecube version is dol 001 eur.
There is few difference between switched position. Different boot animation and game disc menu is question mark or no disc. I don't have any games yet to test this.

I have recorded quick video.

Anybody knows what mod is inside?

Open it

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Thanks to Nintendos goddammed SWITCH try to google "Gamecube with a Switch"....:rolleyes:

Does your Gamecube have different Video output connectors (maybe a HDMI Mod).:unsure:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
no, but when I'm using switch something happen with optical drive

Is your switch like that ?

gc-switch.jpg

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Only way to know what's going on is to open it and see where the switch goes to. If not region it might be specifically to load burned discs but that would be weird. Is there any switch position where it does read your games?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Maybe you have more options to know what you have:

- as @Shadow#1 recommended to open your Gamecube and have a look on it.
- you can try Gamecube Games of various Regions
- you can wait if someone has an 100 percent answer to your question without seeing the inside of your Gamecube.
- you can try Gamecube Backups to see it IS a Modchiop maybe inside

As you wish.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Pen version - Tools Required:
  • A pen - the clear plastic type work best. Since about 50% of the pens in the average household don't work anyway you should be able to find one to sacrifice.
  • Some sort of flame source, lighters, matches, gas stove. Sigh -- kids, ask your parents to help with this part.
nscrews7_engadget_howto.jpg

This pen is about to do a far, far better thing than it has ever done. Writing? Whatever. The hack is mighter than the sword.

What to do:
  1. Have your Nintendo system ready and close at hand, screw wells exposed and up.
  2. Remove any plastic caps and then light the end of the pen. It should burn quite well. Don't let any gunk drip onto yourself, it'll probably hurt. Worse than solder. It will also stink, so open a window if possible.
  3. Once it's burned for a few seconds and the plastic has kind of melted shut the hollow opening, cram it down into the screw well and onto the screw.
  4. Don't move - let it cool for about 15 seconds. The plastic is forming to the shape of the screw.
nscrews9_engadget_howto.jpg

Carefully pull the pen out - you should see the shape of the screw in the plastic.

nscrews10_engadget_howto.jpg

It's a bit blurry but you should get the point. (Auto-focus is my sworn enemy.)

You can now use this pen as a screwdriver -- simply stick it in and twist. Make sure you feel the grooves latch into place, then press down hard as you turn for best results. If the plastic bits strip out you can always relight the pen and make another mold.

nscrews8_engadget_howto.jpg

This SNES is as good as opened!

https://www.engadget.com/2006/11/18...4EYMhcyHjIwpHTb_7j6WXdi9ouk_au-0gskQjnxhxtUDE

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning