What is the best CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GibFTW, Nov 23, 2016.

1. GibFTW
    OP

GibFTW GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    I want to know the dankest CFW out there. Also, can you load NTR from another CFW? I want to screen record as well! I am looking for these features.
    • Regions unlocked!
    • Ability to install any CIA!
    • Custom themes!
    • Extra fun tweaks!
    • The ability to only update to tested firmwares (I have heard 11.2 might brick your device while on a CFW..)

2. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    personally a9lh+Luma3DS.. play out of region cartridge or digital being number one..and install any CIA even the ones you created like VC NES or other homebrew app..since you can install any CIA you could install CHMM2 where you could install official or custom themes..as for extra fun tweaks there is NTR on top of Luma to run cheats or record video of your gameplay via 3DS WiFi to your PC..

anyway, there's a thread for that if you want to know more what CFW best suit you..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/

as for bricking, ALL CFW or any hack you do on your 3DS has the potential of bricking.. any modification could brick.. regardless which CFW you use.. you must have known this beforehand..

Last edited by owek1, Nov 23, 2016
  3. Froster

Froster Your Music Producer

Sep 6, 2015
    Italy
    that MIDI sequencer
    Luma3DS.
    And yes you can use NTR on another CFW since it's a sort of app

4. iAqua

iAqua

Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    I use corbenik+a9lh, if you're a beginner I would suggest SaltFW or Luma3ds.