What is better, Rogero or Cobra ODE?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Miragunga, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Miragunga
    OP

Miragunga Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2014
    Brazil
    Hello,

I am about to buy a PS3. What do you think it is better, by one with Rogero, or one with Cobra ODE? If I take one with Rogero would be a older version, the one with Cobra ODE would be newer... I am not familiar with the utilities that each one of them have... so if you could inform the reasons to your choice.

P.S: I don't want to play online (I already do this with my XBOX).

Thanks!!!

2. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Rogero. Or any custom firmware, really. Relatively recent developments have meant that you can update a Rogero PS3 to the latest version. If you can get a PS3 with CFW, there is no substantial reason to not choose that over ODE.

Miragunga likes this.
  3. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    No reason not to go CFW. So much homebrew and other options are open. Especially if you don't care for online. Plus if you get it with Rogero or something other CFW on it, it's just load and go. ODE will require you to open up the unit and connect it.

Miragunga likes this.
  4. Scares

Scares Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    The thing is, they're almost completely different. One, with the convenience of having games/homebrew on an external hard drive, other with the convenience of having Custom Firmware, which is by far better than any ODE option. Only time ODE should even be an option is if CFW cannot be obtained. (Like if you have a CECH-2501+ system, then ODE would be your only option)

Miragunga likes this.