Hacking what is a wad manager?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like every other homebrew, you place them in the apps/ folder.

For example :
SD:/apps/wad manager/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wad manager/meta.xml
SD:/apps/wad manager/icon.png

Boot.dol = the homebrew executable
meta.xml = information to show on the homebrew channel, like homebrew name, version, developers, etc.
icon.png = the shown icon on the homebrew channel.

You will need a custom IOS to be able to install wads.
If you followed a recent tutorial to hack your Wii you should have IOS236. You can use that IOS if the manager ask you "what IOS do you want to use to install wads?".

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*xion* said:
where does the wad manger go on the sd card?
From the Complete SoftMOD Guide's entry on The Homebrew Channel:QUOTEUsing the Homebrew channel is simple.
All you have to do is to put the files in the correct folders.

First make a folder called apps on your SD card / USB device. This is where all our apps will be placed.

Every app needs its own folder in the apps folder. And in that folder you can place the dol/elf (the actual app). The Hombrew channel can only load dol/elf files named boot.dol/elf
Examples: SD:/apps/cIOS_installer/boot.dol or USB:/apps/hackmii_installer/boot.elf

The homebrew channel will always look first on the SD card, and when nothing is found, it looks on the USB device.

There are two more files that can be in the same folder of the boot.dol/elf:
*icon.png: an icon for your app. Size has to be 128x48
*meta.xml: contains some info about the app
If you want to learn more about the HomeBrew Channel like how to edit the meta.xml read WiiBrew's entry on the HomeBrew Channel.

On the topic of WADs, and WAD mangers, here's The Complete SoftMOD Guide's entry on WAD Managers. The only thing I would add is that I prefer to use MultiModManager (MMM) instead of the WAD managers listed.

EDIT: Darn, sniped by GBATemp's *quick* lurking knight. lol

-[]D

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*xion* said:
so I jsut turn the wii64 fowerder to a boot.dol and out it in a folder
No, no, no... Please read the post and the links carefully...the devil is in the details. You are confusing the instructions on how to install and run homebrew like WAD managers, and how to install the WADs themselves.

If you just want to install the Wii64 Forwarder WAD, then just follow the instructions on The Complete SoftMOD Guide on how to use a WAD manager to install WADs...

-[]D

Reactions: Nirotceh

*xion*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fowllowed the link and the guide it gets to the part where it says something like mounting to sd card then it jsut says error and it dosent let me choose IOS249 it jsut turns my wiimote off

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay...try this, and hopefully it works for you.

If you have the HomeBrew Channel v1.07 or higher and it is running off of IOS58, this should work for you. You can tell what version of the HomeBrew Channel you have along with what IOS it is using by pressing the Home button on your WiiMote while the HomeBrew Channel is running. If it is an older version and/or not running off of IOS58, update/re-install the HomeBrew Channel (HBC).
  • Download Multi-Mod-Manger from >here

Nirotceh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, no, no... Please read the post and the links carefully...the devil is in the details. You are confusing the instructions on how to install and run homebrew like WAD managers, and how to install the WADs themselves.

If you just want to install the Wii64 Forwarder WAD, then just follow the instructions on The Complete SoftMOD Guide on link on original post

-[]D
I see that this link is still good, there's a part that says the following:
Links:

• Yet Another Wad Manager Mod (YAWMM): download (modified version that supports WiiU (vWii), Motion+ remotes and AHBPROT)
  • Original version project page & download
Does it mean it supports WiiU wads?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: