Hardware What happened to my PSP?

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that about 2 days ago my PSP started turning off randomly, at first I thought it was a one time thing and I ignored it. But after that, it got more frequent and I lost my patience trying to take out the battery and putting it back in and doing the same thing with my MS and I went to the Recovery Menu (BTW I think I used 6.20 Pro-B10) and I just pressed something that said run "eboot recovery" and stuff like that. Then I restarted it and it worked pretty much fine and I thought that fixed it by mistake or something and started playing GOW. Later on, it started, showed the sony logo and turned off. After a few tries, It wouldn't turn on at all (including the green light) so what can the problem be?

BTW: Sorry for the long post.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't that long of a post, it's good. And it may be a hack you're using. I used to use that older PSP 3000 hack, I believe it's called Chick-HEN. Anyways, it use to lag out on some simple tasks, such as loading a game, or a web page and the PSP light would just flicker then shut down. Make sure the hack you're using is proper with your system and is the most up to date.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn't that long of a post, it's good. And it may be a hack you're using. I used to use that older PSP 3000 hack, I believe it's called Chick-HEN. Anyways, it use to lag out on some simple tasks, such as loading a game, or a web page and the PSP light would just flicker then shut down. Make sure the hack you're using is proper with your system and is the most up to date.
Yeah, the hack I used was compatible with my system. I use it for quite some time now. But the problem is that my PSP won't start up in the first place.

Mine does something similar since a dog....soiled it....
Two things you could try: Keeping it plugged into power at all times, which kills the mobility of it. Try the component output cables.

That second fix would help if you think your PSP's screen is shorting out.

I don't think my screens shorting out, I think it's my power switch or battery.

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To be honest I think the motherboard is failing, it could be as simple as checking soldering connections on the MB. Have had errors similar to this on a couple of old PSP's, one of them was saved by resoldering a point on the MB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ