Hacking What GameCube Games do not work Shrunk? Or Multi?

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, Mario Baseball isn't on this list, but although it has streaming sound errors.
frown.gif

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, Mario Baseball isn't on this list, but although it has streaming sound errors.
frown.gif

Well as I said the list is not the be all and end all of incompatible gc titles, if you're getting weird sounds then it's likely the same issue as with the other games.

The audiofix needs to be corrected in the first Wiikey update.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Star Wars: Clone Wars has audio-streaming too.

And Chiip needs audiofix as well, it's totally impossible to play any streaming Audio game cause of the damn sound.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
these are audiofix games that do not work with the wiikey, the list was produced by someone else (Icetoad I think) and therefore is not complete in any way:
(snip)

Wow. That list fucking sucks. There's some gems on there. But I guess it's better to know now than to try to burn them and have them not work.

But these games all should be fixed with the Wiikey audio fix, correct?

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, folks. The baby woke up at 3am again, so I decided to get to work on this. I have a compatibility list on the Wiki. Start adding what you know! I don't know if there's any difference between the different region Wiis and what they play or don't, so I put in three separate tables for each of them.

Let me know how it can be made any better. And get to adding games!
happy.gif

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, folks. The baby woke up at 3am again, so I decided to get to work on this. I have a compatibility list on the Wiki. Start adding what you know! I don't know if there's any difference between the different region Wiis and what they play or don't, so I put in three separate tables for each of them.

Let me know how it can be made any better. And get to adding games!Â
happy.gif

nice list!!! good job man.

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Who's the one who said Super Mario Strikers isn't working right? It's probably the media you're using, since it works fine for me shrunk.

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps we should have the release group as part of the list. As some releases, especially if there were before modchips, were done wrong.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Who's the one who said Super Mario Strikers isn't working right? It's probably the media you're using, since it works fine for me shrunk.

Me, check the history page
smile.gif
. I just report what my experience was at the time I tested it. For that game, sometimes it gave errors during the intro, other times I was able to get into a game a good ways before it happened. Being random, it is certainly possible it's just a bad burn. If others find it works flawlessly, feel free to change it. That's the way Wikis work.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps we should have the release group as part of the list. As some releases, especially if there were before modchips, were done wrong.

I, for one, don't pay attention to the release group stuff. I just rename the files to something useful, and play with it. BTW, why do they still use just the 8.3 filename format? Are there that many people still working in MS-DOS 6.22? It's too much work to try to figure out what a game is in 3 or so letters after the group name (ie grp-XXXX.iso).

Vidikron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything specific that needs to be done when burning Cube games for use on a chipped Wii? I've tried a couple of different games and neither disc could be read by the Wii.

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The reason Zelda Collector's Edition isn't working is because it contains several GCM images inside it. Probably the program updates the FST in each GCM image, but doesn't update the internal GCM files' FSTs, and that's why it hangs when selecting one of the games in zelda collector's edition.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US Wii, US version of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat: Not working.. Get the green screen after telling it to auto or run NTSC.

Shrunk, dunno if it works un-shrunk.

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Note that GCMUtility 0.5 which shrinks ISO files is buggy and can't shrink 100% of all the files without messing things up. I tried it with Mario Golf Toadstool Tour and compared it to another ISO shrinker and the game was just fucked up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...