Hacking Question What game/feature will make you update?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My interest on video gaming has been falling so I don't care much, it's on auto-update. If there was a reason to, heck, I'd say Sonic Mania is good enough of a reason. :)

Sonic Mania is the best Sonic game ever developed and Sonic Forces (basically Sonic Gens 2) won't even top it either but I'm disappointed it didn't get a physical release, this game is a complete masterpiece in itself and I just can't praise it enough. It's weird that SEGA actually released not a good but a GREAT Sonic game. :P

Whoops I wasn't quite quick enough. It's available on Steam on Aug 29th. It will run on a potato.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/584400/Sonic_Mania/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes but I'd rather have it on my Switch so I have the potentional of bringing it with me somewhere. My PC is a bit to big to carry around with me. :P

Sure, but seems like kinda a silly reason to take the update. Just to play Sonic Mania portable. Hey, if that's reason enough for you to update then do it to it.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Whatever game that comes out that I purchase and requires it. Because I'm an adult with a job and can pay for it.
From what I can gather is that ppl are more interested on running emulators on the Switch than just the Switch games themselves. I already have an Android phone so I can use emulators on that if I want.

Whoops I wasn't quite quick enough. It's available on Steam on Aug 29th. It will run on a potato.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/584400/Sonic_Mania/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sure, but seems like kinda a silly reason to take the update. Just to play Sonic Mania portable. Hey, if that's reason enough for you to update then do it to it.

Sonic Mania runs *almost* flawlessly except on the special stages which has slowdowns for some reason.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can gather is that ppl are more interested on running emulators on the Switch than just the Switch games themselves. I already have an Android phone so I can use emulators on that if I want.

Sonic Mania runs *almost* flawlessly except on the special stages which has slowdowns for some reason.

Are you talking about the Switch or the PC version in regards to slowdown?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
RetroArch :tpi:

Jk, but I will keep my Switch in its box until a hack gets around.
I don't give a shit about most of the stuff coming, I can play Sonic Mania on my PC next Tuesday, and Odyssey won't come out until the end of the year, but I will still hold it off to see if it comes with a newer version, if it does I will play it on one of my friend's Switch. ;)

No Nintendo will forbid me of my sweet homebrew apps.

And I highly doubt they will release a proper browser or more meaningful apps, because they seem to be fucking paranoid that they would end up being fucked yet again just because of webkit exploits.

Naive Nintendo, you can't stop hacking you dumbshits.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Chrisd9788

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with an exploit of some description being developed, many of you are opting to stay on 3.0 until exploit release.

What feature or game could Nintendo release tomorrow, that will make you update?

Mario Odyssey, skyrim, WWE 2k18, madden (if they ever release one), fallout 4 or 5, grand theft auto 5

Chrisd9788

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroArch :tpi:

Jk, but I will keep my Switch in its box until a hack gets around.
I don't give a shit about most of the stuff coming, I can play Sonic Mania on my PC next Tuesday, and Odyssey won't come out until the end of the year, but I will still hold it off to see if it comes with a newer version, if it does I will play it on one of my friend's Switch. ;)

No Nintendo will forbid me of my sweet homebrew apps.

And I highly doubt they will release a proper browser or more meaningful apps, because they seem to be fucking paranoid that they would end up being fucked yet again just because of webkit exploits.

Naive Nintendo, you can't stop hacking you dumbshits.

What if they release a required update that would disable the internet until its downloaded? And then every game requires the newer update? Will you still not update the switch even if u can't play any games and the wifi doesn't work?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What if they release a required update that would disable the internet until its downloaded? And then every game requires the newer update? Will you still not update the switch even if u can't play any games and the wifi doesn't work?
They can't disable the internet until it's downloaded.
The console needs to have connection to even check if tere's a new version, and I didn't even set any network up in it.

And for the later, thats correct.
I won't update the Switch no matter what until a hack is released
If I have something in favor, it's patience.
Odyssey is the only game I sort if care about from everything Switch that's coming up, and I can still hold off for some months after its release.

Only game changer for me would be Metroid Prime 4, but I can be 100% sure it won't hit shelves until after Q2 2018, so I still have loads of months to hold off for a hack.

Besides, at the moment Switch has nothing worth getting for me that the Wii U doesn't, so I'm good there.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to wait out on 3.0.0 until I can see what the scene can bring to the table with switch hacks for users. If we don't get something like having 3.0.0 sysNAND with updated emuNAND then I probably will either update or buy a switch. Frankly I feel we probably could run an updated emuNAND if we can launch it without a full reboot of the system. Because from what I've heard the efuse firmware check occurs at boot, meaning if we can launch into an updated emuNAND after boot it shouldn't trigger efuse protections. Though I don't know a whole lot about how the system handles protecting everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night @SylverReZ