Gaming What does Region Free mean ?

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there, i have a O3Ds XL with A9HL.

I see most times on websites where people can download .cia files, games with "Region Free" in the Title.
Like: Animal Crossing New Leaf (EUR) (RF).

I am not using alot of times .cia files (I use pirated games only if they are not available in German, or sometimes if i want to test a 3Ds game BEFORE i buy it), so i dont know alot about things like Region Free, Firmware Spoof etc.

If i would (I have the Original Game already, its just a example) download now Animal Crossing New Leaf (EUR) (RF),

So do my game would be Germany (Because its Eur Version) and Region Free (Region Free = Playing Online, it does not care if youre in US or EU, without Bann Risk. Am i right ? )

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

spuderump

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what you just said but Region Free means you can play a game from anywhere in the world.

If you want a game in German then look out for "Multi 5" or EUR as most of those game will contain German on it.

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have no idea what you just said but Region Free means you can play a game from anywhere in the world.

If you want a game in German then look out for "Multi 5" or EUR as most of those game will contain German on it.

That was exactly what i wanted to know^^ Thanks.

Are this Region Free games Edited ?

Lets say i Dump now my Original Game Animal Crossing New Leaf. So it would be a EUR Version, right ? would it be Region Free too ? or do i had to Edit it ? (I just interest from where Region Free Games come XD)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region free just means that they modified a file during cia building which says that the cia will open on any region ds. They work fine online, but they are usually modified, and will not work with updates and stuff. If you want to truly get a clean cia, use ciangel (this downloads files using nintendo servers, and builds a cia on your ds) or the freeshop (downloads games and installs them without the cia)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was exactly what i wanted to know^^ Thanks.

Are this Region Free games Edited ?

Lets say i Dump now my Original Game Animal Crossing New Leaf. So it would be a EUR Version, right ? would it be Region Free too ? or do i had to Edit it ? (I just interest from where Region Free Games come XD)
As far as anyone is concerned. The only region free games are the ones that is preinstalled on the system when bought. Those specificly are the only known region free games. Mostly the pokemon games, Or any other ones pre installed are region free, with some exceptions. I think. Just a observation.

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Region free just means that they modified a file during cia building which says that the cia will open on any region ds. They work fine online, but they are usually modified, and will not work with updates and stuff. If you want to truly get a clean cia, use ciangel (this downloads files using nintendo servers, and builds a cia on your ds) or the freeshop (downloads games and installs them without the cia)

Okay so they are Edited. My new Question is answered too now^^.

Btw: I used only one time Ciangel. Do Freeshop and Ciangel has EXACTLY the same amount of games ?

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Another Question too: I downloaded from this Topic: #Removed
over 50 Games for Testing...(I played them all Online for few Hours...) After Testing i removed them ALL, and noticed me like 10-20 of the Games because they was really good, and i bought this Games ago 2 Weeks.

So do i risked a Bann ? I was so stupid. The Uploaders Topic Says "3ds & eshop roms converted to .cia" . I am asking myself how i played the games online, i cant remember that i received Update Notification for the Games or not (its 3 months ago).
Are this Games never Updateable ? and cant dlc's get installed for this Games from the Link ?

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another Question too: I downloaded from this Topic: [illegal link]
over 50 Games for Testing...(I played them all Online for few Hours...) After Testing i removed them ALL, and noticed me like 10-20 of the Games because they was really good, and i bought this Games ago 2 Weeks.

So do i risked a Bann ? I was so stupid. The Uploaders Topic Says "3ds & eshop roms converted to .cia" . I am asking myself how i played the games online, i cant remember that i received Update Notification for the Games or not (its 3 months ago).
Are this Games never Updateable ? and cant dlc's get installed for this Games from the Link ?
Please remove the link from your message. It is against the rules to directly link, or mention the exact names of warez sites.
You will not be banned on the 3ds for playing those games unless you went online with an error already.

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks, i removed it.

I was already able to play the Games online ^^ i played them ONLY Online. But i cant remember anymore if i got Update Notification or not.

Are the Rules for Converted .3ds games to .cia exactly the same like for Region Free Games ? if yes: So i know now that i cant install for this Games Updates/DLC's. (In the Future.I dont will download anymore from the guys Topic)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, i removed it.

I was already able to play the Games online ^^ i played them ONLY Online. But i cant remember anymore if i got Update Notification or not.

Are the Rules for Converted .3ds games to .cia exactly the same like for Region Free Games ? if yes: So i know now that i cant install for this Games Updates/DLC's. (In the Future.I dont will download anymore from the guys Topic)
As long as they are cias, you will not really have to worry about being banned. The issue with region free cias is that you don't know how modified they were when they were built. Most of these were built back in the dark ages when we didn't know how to open region free games without modifying them first. Now though, as long as you are using something like luma as a cfw, you will not have to worry about what region a cia is. 3ds files require a private header to be played online without being banned (these are on carts only, and are not dumped normally).

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So the .cia's that i had was okay ? so i can Update them and install DLC's for them ? (I was not sure, because, i mean that are CONVERTED .3ds Roms TO .CIA. That confused me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?