What does it mean when Sky3DS constantly flashes and does not switch games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ichigo1000, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    My Sky3DS works fine. This is the first time that has happened to me. The blue light keeps blinking and does not switch games. But after reinserting the cartridge, everything works fine again.. But what does that mean?

2. dandymanz

dandymanz GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2014
    Senegal
    I get that too when i try to switch games too fast. So after you switch a game. Pause a few secs, before pressing the button again to switch to the next game.

3. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    Is this normal though? The light blinks at the same rhythm rather than rapidly.

4. dandymanz

dandymanz GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2014
    Senegal
    Well, its normal for me. Just pull it out, plug back in and press button to switch game again. As i mentioned, this only happens when i try to toggle between the games too fast. So wait a while for the game to settle down before you press the button again and everything should be fine.

5. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    You need to wait a bit after the game's icon shows up on the homescreen before pressing the button.

If you press it too fast before it's done switching games, it will lock up and start blinking just like you describe it.

6. mrolive

mrolive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    If you just inserted the micro sd card, the card will blink the first time you put it in. After re-inserting it, it will work fine. This is normal behaviour for the cart.

7. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    if youre using a Kingston microsd that's the problem. they don't work well with sky3ds.

8. mrolive

mrolive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    Yes I've had the same experience. The 8 GB Kingston I had tested perfectly using h2test but the Sky3DS refused to switch games on it. Switched to a sandisk and it was smooth sailing from there on out.