Hacking Question What do you expect from a CFW?

Spuud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,

like the title says, i wonder what you all expect from a CFW.
I mean, we already have a lot of things that work.
We got homebrew and (what should be the most anticipated feature for the most of the users) ES Patches, to name two.
But everyone seems to be waiting for Atmosphere to be finished or getting hyped about the release of ReiNX.

What else is there that you are waiting for? Except for coldboot of course.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the CFW needs to do much more then sig patchs and the various calls for the system. Other people can make the backup loader programs, doesn't need to be built into the OS. Keep it simple, keep it clean and fast.

Reactions: leda

straKK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a way to block all telemetry would be essential for homebrew. i hope emunand is the answer to that, but I think a more involved solution is required.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Cheat interface similar to the 3DS (NTRcheat)
  • USB Access to transfer data to/from Switch
  • Ability to use USB Drive to play titles.
  • CPU/GPU clock adjustments
  • Possible individual game titles in one folder via romfs/exefs (or similar) so that game installations only require placing the folder to relevant place. But streamlined without any mess + more compatibility without resorting to needing specific donors

Reactions: Izzyh268

benjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Would be great if i can use my wireless xbox controller on the switch. I can't 100% Celeste with the joycons :(

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to backup my cartridge game and play it like a digital game without getting banned.

I would also like to update and buy dlc for said backup without getting banned.

Be pretty cool too if I could use cheat codes and save editing without getting banned.

Really, I just don't want to get banned. I want control over my games and the ability to continue buying games.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to backup my cartridge game and play it like a digital game without getting banned.

I would also like to update and buy dlc for said backup without getting banned.

Be pretty cool too if I could use cheat codes and save editing without getting banned.

Really, I just don't want to get banned. I want control over my games and the ability to continue buying games.
Well, using cheats while being online is an easy way to get banned
So before using cheats, be sure you deactivated wifi

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Quite frankly, I think what most people want is the next Luma - a CFW which is easy to use yet also contains all features that people could possibly want right out of the box. For the end user, 'minimalist' is a bit of a placebo.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Emulators would be cool. I have used a 3ds with cfw myself, but I have to be honest that people should rather support nintendo instead of piracy. or how would you find that, to develop a game and get no money for it? emulators would currently be enough for me. theme support would be cool, or music in the background while playing a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...