What do you do for a living?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
13 year old High School Student. Still trying to enjoy it while it lasts. Also learning about math as much as my brain can handle because I plan on taking something somewhat related to that. (Accounting? BS Math? I dunno, maybe Architecture but I suck at drawing). I could also go into law since I like to annoy everyone by correcting the smallest contradictions or mistakes and my mind works by making everyone else wrong, and I consider myself to have decent comprehension, but it's so easy to die when your'e a lawyer so I'm kinda doubting that profession.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a nanny, my dad, step-mom, and uncle seem to think I need to get a real job...apparently watching kids doesn't cut it, but we have the highest unemployment rate and jobs are scarce...I'm lucky to have gotten this job.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have nothing right now, desperately looking. I plan to work until January, and then return to school and go part-time, but I'm having trouble enough finding a job. .

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I work in security/customer service I give advice and also kick your ass if you do something wrong!
tongue.gif
smile.gif

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
I am one of the few hard working ppl here -.-V

hardly get any money (well still learning atm) for 9 hours of work every day.

Dunno exactly how my job is called in english but i do "turn" and "mill" oO (does really sound weird).
Well its working with metall ...
(even after just one year my hand has more than enough scratches and marks from 200+ °C hot metall

but still living in hotel daddy XD
I'm pretty sure that's welding or you can just say metal worker. You could get good money doing that here in the US. My high school even had shops for all that stuff like welding, auto repair, cosmetology, vending machines, computer repair and all that stuff but I was never able to be in one. That's discrimination. They get pretty good pay specially the vending machine guys. They really have some good money on their packets. After high school they give a certificate if you past the NACTI test or something like that but I heard is pretty easy thought(if you really know about your shop). I lose that opportunity but I hope better ones come ahead. Anyways I graduated as valedictorian when I was in high school so I fill good about that.
smile.gif

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nah ... welding is something different

here this vid shows part of my work

and this is the other part

in germany its called " Zerspanungsmechaniker "

you see all those metal flying away ... and i do not use a CNC machine which more or less works on its own when the programm is done (only need to watch out for mistakes or if something brakes)
i stand in front of the machine and all the metal flys on my hands -.-V

made this one when my co worker was turning ... he is a sissy so he used water while only using 200 1/min

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Youkai said:

*snip*

you see all those metal flying away ... and i do not use a CNC machine which more or less works on its own when the programm is done (only need to watch out for mistakes or if something brakes)
you're a machinist, quite a nice job actually.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
When i'm not studing, i help family member and relatives and their friends with computers, re-installs, program and game install, recomended software etc, i'm like my family personal IT support
biggrin.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally for those people who don't have a job, if you get rejected by one of them. Use the EEO complaint, I should of used this when I got rejected from working for Nathan's on the boardwalk in NY.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
scrtmstr said:
Youkai said:

*snip*

you're a machinist, quite a nice job actually.

actually .... no ...

thats something different again
tongue.gif

but its smimiliar yes.

well the job is ok only problem is the hot steel and the injuries all the time ... just cut myself twice today -.-V

D

Deleted User

I've been working as a media designer for 10 years, but it wasn't a job I wanted to do for the rest of my life. So, now I'm studying software engineering (B. Sc.) at a university. If you ask me, after working for that long, going to a university is really hard, but I hope it's worth it in the end.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still a student for another 2 years. Then I'll get my degree in computer networking and hopefully start my career as a faceless employee at some big corporation.

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a Registered Nurse at an ICU at the hospital. I love my job. I work Mon/Tues/Wed and off Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun. Not to mention the job market is great for RNs.

funkymonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hachibei said:
I'm still a student for another 2 years. Then I'll get my degree in computer networking and hopefully start my career as a faceless employee at some big corporation.

Can't blame you for being honest.
wink.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Er. Student. Lernan ICT at level one (just started College today) since I have no proof I'm good at ICT, they said I'll be moving up a level or two once they get to know how I am at ICT.

Might be getting a job with a friend at a call center for extra £££.
Always wanted to harass people on the phone for money.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Next year I'll be studying ICT at uni.

Awesomeness.

I can't be arsed to get a job though, but come to think of it, that would really help in getting enough money to buy the 3DS whenever it comes out.

ohnoes.png

I haven't thought about what kind of job I want after I finish uni, but I've still got 4-5 more years to think about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?