what do we know about cannonlake

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Dominator211, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Dominator211
    OP

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Connon lake is Intel's upcoming architecture and im am interested in getting the 8th gen intel nuc but im not sure if they will be quad core or not all in all i just want to start a discusion of it and see what happenes

2. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    More of the same, they probably will throw more cores to compete against Ryzen and fail miserably. Wait until 2021 where they promised a new microarch.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    don't expect much, it's all the same thing...
    go for amd please..
    intel is forcing you to buy a new mobo for every new cpu with very minimal differences...

TotalInsanity4 and matpower like this.
  4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The usual modern Intel processor requiring closed-source firmware (Management Engine) that can do arbitrary remote code execution, not differently than anything from the 2 major brands from this decade

matpower likes this.
  5. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Cannonlake? I thought it was coffee lake? The fuck

6. XAIXER

XAIXER Supreme Kaiser

Mar 11, 2016
    Canada
    The Ends of Eternity
    Coffee Lake is gen 8, 9th is Cannon lake. It might be the first chip with a 10nm process.

7. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Coffee lake is just Intel doing what they should have and could have done years ago on the mainstream platform.

6 core i7, 6 core i5, i3s dropping hyperthreading and going quadcore. More than likely still using toothpaste between the ihs and die.

6 core processors with kaby ipc will be nice, but just shows how much Intel have been sandbagging and milking people for all they are worth. Restricting the hexcores to expensive hedt platform because AMD was doing nothing. Ryzen comes out, sells well, suddenly intel can put 6 cores on mainstream and gets rid of the dual cores for proper quads.

migles likes this.