Homebrew Question What do I need to learn to make switch homebrew?

Zabhahs

Goron
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im taking a programming class this summer, and i figured I may as well learn something useful. So, what do you guys recommend for making homebrew? like simple games, or file navigators or something that seems simple. I dont know if it is simple, which is why I asked lol

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
im thinking something like vita shell can be helpfull.

check vita shell on the vita, its amazing and simple

lumo93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert here. From what I've been reading it seems to be the C language. I could be wrong. Can someone confirm?

I kinda also want to know

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to do a bit of digging I know SciresM confirmed a Switch SDK leak from a 4Chan user awhile ago, I don't think GBATemp's rules will allow a direct link to it, but here's a thread on GBATemp talking about it if you're looking to find more information on it.

Link To Thread (NECRO'D)

You'll want to learn C. See this page:
http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Setting_up_Development_Environment

Install devkitPro and try compiling some of the examples to start. Go from there.

I know there used to be some great tutorials for developing Wii homebrew, I ported one of my college assignments to the Wii for extra credit once.

On second thought my recommendation isn't the best idea, I think this might be a better solution, so just go with RHOPKINS13's route instead.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.