Hacking What do I do with a CISO file?

dizogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And I mean ciso NOT cios. Its a compressed iso, just wondered what software will uncompress it for me so I can burn it to DVD?

Thanks

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Try un-raring it with WinRAR, if not use WiiScrubber to unscrub it, unless you really need the space for multi-game isos, it's best to have the full ISO burnt to a DVD-R...

dizogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What? Why do you want links or are you taking the piss?

I got it from a newsgroup.

Posts merged

jackdanielchan said:
Try un-raring it with WinRAR, if not use WiiScrubber to unscrub it, unless you really need the space for multi-game isos, it's best to have the full ISO burnt to a DVD-R...

It won't open in WinRAR. I've had a look on wiiscrub, if I select "unscrub" it seems to want a .dif file too? Which I don't have.

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dizogg said:

Posts merged

jackdanielchan said:

It won't open in WinRAR. I've had a look on wiiscrub, if I select "unscrub" it seems to want a .dif file too? Which I don't have.
taking the piss?

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dizogg said:

Posts merged

jackdanielchan said:

taking the piss?

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dizogg said:
Can anyone answer my question then?

yes do a search for a CISO converter

EDIT:

by the way, I have NEVER seen a Wii iso or image compressed with CISO, normally it's a PSP image like back in the early days of DAX.
smile.gif

Minties

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A cISO is an ISO file that has been compressed with a program called "WBFS Intelligent", and is designed to be transferred to a USB device (Such as a Hard Drive). A cISO can be played through all USB Loaders or Extracted to a Burnable ISO file.

I've PM'd you (since it's against the rules to post here) some links on how to convert it back into an ISO to burn.

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
lol You all guys are so LOST.

cISO stands for COMPRESSED ISO. Is a Wii game only for USB Loading use. You need Hermes WBFS Manager to add it to your HDD or USB.

Having cISO's is better because is an ISO ready for USB use and is compresed.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WaRMarinE said:

cISO stands for COMPRESSED ISO. Is a Wii game only for USB Loading use. You need Hermes WBFS Manager to add it to your HDD or USB.

Your wrong, it is not ONLY for usb there are other ways to use a ciso formatted image as stated in my first comment, if in his case your correct and it is a wii iso in ciso form(I've never seen one), then you could be correct on the rest of your info. However, it's not ONLY used for usb.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hermes really needs to change the name of this. It's so often confused with cios and cso. It's insane. Hell, he could even be like Linus Torvalds and call it, "hso" or "hiso". That'd be a hell of a lot less confusing.

Anyway, can anyone tell me how much compression you get from using ciso, like on average? I'm interested in saving space.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WaRMarinE said:

there's no difference isos are compressed also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg